rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755
Sheryl M. Posted: Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:58 AM

Hi.

I have been a member for about a year now and just recently started participating in some of the groups so I thought I woud introduce myself. I am from the West Michigan area.  Started quilting about 2 years ago and absolutely love it.  Before that I just did some basic sewing projects, clothing, etc.

I am currently working on a lap quilt for my niece - It will be the flying geese pattern from Kimberly Einmo's class on Craftsy. I am using the Watercolor Garden fabric for the project. That may be put on hold temporarily as I am taking a class for EQ7 on Quilt University. Also working on learning free motion quilting. 

What else, I have two spoiled rotten cats  - Buddy and Tippy.

Sheryl

• | Post Points: 125
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:08 AM

Welcome Sheryl,

Isn't it funny how things come in two's! I have maltese pups, Lil Tuut and Miss Lillie.  I just signed up for Kimberly Einmo's class and am really looking forward to it. Did you enjoy it?

Judylee

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 755

Judy Lee:

Welcome Sheryl,

Isn't it funny how things come in two's! I have maltese pups, Lil Tuut and Miss Lillie.  I just signed up for Kimberly Einmo's class and am really looking forward to it. Did you enjoy it?

Judylee

Thank you.   Yes, I really enjoyed her class. I hope to do all of the projects, just need some more time for everything.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:39 PM

Welcome Sheryl!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,899
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:42 PM

Sheryl,welcome to the club. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Sheryl.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:14 PM

Hi Sheryl nice to meet you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:17 PM

Welcome Sheryl.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  I don't have any kitties but I do have a spoiled rotten chihuahua named Pancho.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,060
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:26 PM

Sheryl:
I am currently working on a lap quilt for my niece... I am taking a class for EQ7 on Quilt University. Also working on learning free motion quilting. 

You've gone into quilting in a big way!  Congratulations and welcome to QCA!  I have one spoiled cat, Pickles, and a pampered princess dog, Calley.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295

Sheryl:

I am currently working on a lap quilt for my niece - It will be the flying geese pattern from Kimberly Einmo's class on Craftsy. I am using the Watercolor Garden fabric for the project. That may be put on hold temporarily as I am taking a class for EQ7 on Quilt University. Also working on learning free motion quilting. 

Welcome to the group. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your finished quilt. You will love it here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,180
Points 140,340

Hi Sheryl. Glad you joined us.You'll feel right at home here, lots of us have pampered pets that rule our homes and quilting rooms. I'm also taking the Quilt University EQ7 class. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140

Welcome to the group, Sheryl. I hope you enjoy it here. I had one lonely cat named Tux, but he seems to have run away. I miss him, I am sad. I keep putting food out hoping he will come back. He's been gone for a week.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,873
Points 420,234
gini replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 2:33 AM

hi sheryl, welcome to the group,  i'm glad you introduced yourself and i hope you join in on the fun here

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,341
Points 17,940
Susan replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 2:50 PM

Welcome, Sheryl ! Glad you joined us here in the " chat room" Will be looking for some pics of this quilt you are making. I dont have any kitties these days but a sweet, loving Dachsaund and looking for another, female so he can have a friend.  Happy Quilting,  Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Sheryl.  Where is Southwestern Michigan are you?  I lived in Watervliet for 15 years before movign to GA in 1980.  Both of my sons were born at the hospital in St. Joseph MI.  Loved the lake - tolerated the snow and cold. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.