Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:33 AM

Have you gotten as far as decideing on the number of members this swap will allow? Too many will make to really hard in tis economy. We have 12, I think, in our Parasols and Fabric BOM and that is working well. Don't you think, Barbara?  Not that I can take part, but I can drool over what y'all get.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:32 PM

Phyllis, Now this swap really appeals to me as I have and like very much Kansas troubles layer cakes and charms so fat quarters would be perfect for me. So count me in!                                                Barbara, I would be interested in the parasols and fabric group,too. I will look into it .   Susan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 6,770
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:36 PM

Barbara has volunteered to sort of mentor me through this process of hosting a swap for which I am very thankful!

I like the idea of fat quarters, I think that would be about the best.

I am interested in the Parasols and Fabric group, just joined it a few minutes ago and am very excited about that.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:51 PM

Ladies I would love to have you both in this group ,we are a very laid back easy going group ,We do have a project we just started that you might enjoy its A block of the month . we are just now starting our 2nd block so there is still pleanyt of time to get involved if you would like .If so let me know and I'll gt you all the info. Just go to Parsols and Fabric and join up ..barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I may be interested in joining this swap. Unless you already have your quota. Barbara, you know how I LOVE KS Troubles.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

BTW, I am leaving in a couple of weeks for vacation and will be gone for 2 weeks. So I'm hoping that the deadline for this swap won't be in July. I won't be back until Aug 2.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:09 PM

Elaine I think she is going to o this swap in Sept, so you should be good.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Barbara:
I think she is going to o this swap in Sept, so you should be good.

That will be great, Barbara. I should be somewhat settled down from all my trips by then, but then I will be madly working on blocks for MWG retreat.I may have to go float a loan for all the trips I am doing this year. Next year I have to be more selective of what I do. Next year is bathroom remodel time for me, I think.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:17 PM

Elaine I know the feeling ,I going to have to limit my retreats to ,as much as I don't want to . but money is getting tight .. I have to really start watching my spending  (bummer)

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Yes, Barbara, Bummer is right. I gotta go to bed, now, I have to work tomorrow. I worked today too. That is the only way I can do a lot of what I do, with my once a week job turned into sometimes 3 days a week!! Talk to you all tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:01 PM

Susie:
I have to say that I have no idea what Kansas Trouble fabric is.  So, I had to look it up!  After looking it up, I'm still a little confused.

Kansas troubles fabric is designed by Lynne Hagmeier for Moda. The company is called "Kansas Troubles Quilters".

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:15 PM

Kris:

Susie:
I have to say that I have no idea what Kansas Trouble fabric is.  So, I had to look it up!  After looking it up, I'm still a little confused.

Kansas troubles fabric is designed by Lynne Hagmeier for Moda. The company is called "Kansas Troubles Quilters".

Thanks, Kris & everyone!  I'll have to hunt it up.  From the looks of it, I know the LQS that will carry it.  There is one not too far away that has the more muted fabrics--nothing bold at all, so if you want orange, go elsewhere, lol.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 335

I first started working with Kansas Troubles fabrics when I was working on an Underground Railroad Sampler quilt.  I found many worked well with reproduction fabrics.  They added to the overall look I wanted. There are many more reproduction fabrics now.  Glad I did those quilts 7 years ago as I became a fan of Kansas Troubles. 

There is a new book called Borderland in Butternut and Blue by Barbara Brackman.  The golds and blues of Kansas Troubles will work great in this quilt.  It is a sampler quilt to recall the Civil War along the Kansas Missouri border.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 6:43 PM

Ira Jane JOhnson:

There is a new book called Borderland in Butternut and Blue by Barbara Brackman.  The golds and blues of Kansas Troubles will work great in this quilt.  It is a sampler quilt to recall the Civil War along the Kansas Missouri border.

This is the quilt we are doing as  a BOM in Parsols and Fabric  group.I really love the butternut what a amazing color and the blocks are wonderful ,we are up to the 2nd month ,this project just started. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use