storing fabric

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
beccaauen Posted: Sun, Jul 1 2012 2:39 PM

I use comic book backing to wrap my fabric and store it on shelves so I can see what iIhave. This year I wanr to try and use up as much fabric that I have on hand before purchsing more.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 3:19 PM

That is a lofty goal.  Good luck with that.  I have made it for several months in a row but the "bug" catches up to me!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 1:23 PM

I also use the comic book backing boards.  But I have 5 bookcases of fabric and I need to use some of this fabric before I need to buy another bookcase.....

If you click on my name, and then go to my gallery, you'll see the bookcases and the fabric storage.  I can see everything but I still buy more fabric.  I'm hoping to take some fabric to my SIL next month and add to her stash.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 1:43 PM

Diana ,guess we should have kept your fabric at retreat  LOL..Not really ,but I can say  Diana has a great stash of  fabric ..barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

Wow that is more then I have. I am determined to use mind up, but boy is it hard not to buy more.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

Amen to that. We all need a stash. It keeps me happy.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:27 PM

beccaauen:
We all need a stash

beccaauen, welcome.

Last time I was in the store purchasing fabrics, new clerk asked what I was working on.  I told her I was working on building my stash to the point that I had more than they did at the store.  Asst manager was there and said "yep, I believe that" 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Jul 11 2012 1:04 AM

Can you just imagine how many quilts we would have made if we used up all our stash? Our houses would be filled with quilts and then they would be complaining about the number of quilts we have. LOL We wouldn't win then either! So I guess the answer is have lots of stash and some quilts and keep them guessing as long as we can. <VBG>  Next step is to form a self-help group for fabric lhocis and attend a session in jest. We would just plan our next haul! LOL Oh, what's the use, we want it , we love it, and we need it. Leave us alone. : )  See you at the next sale everyone. I will be there.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 8:54 AM

mars92:
complaining about the number of quilts we have.

The funny thing is that my family never complains about either. They would never take stash but they very willingly receive the quilts and take them home to love.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:11 PM

mars92:
See you at the next sale everyone. I will be there.

me too

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 3:51 PM

Marlene,

That all sounds just perfect and I'll be there with bells on!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use