Top 10 Posters

Smoky Mountain Mamas

Page 4 of 21 (305 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 304 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 10:50 AM

Sabrina ,great pictures , gald you caught the gremlins at work ..LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 10:50 AM

Thanks for the Pic's Sabrina

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Thanks Sabrina, those Gremlins made it like a fiesta in there.

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for the pics Sabrina.  Love the pouch you made from Mimi's kit.  The retreat blocks will make a very special memory quilt.  Did Maddie get included in the swap?  The decorated lights have Gini's name all over them.  I could still hear the laughter from the VB retreat.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 11:44 AM

Sara, thank you and your hubby for a fabulous cabin and all the hard work you two put in while we were there, I can't wait till next year . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Marie:

The retreat blocks will make a very special memory quilt.  Did Maddie get included in the swap?  

Thank you to Gini, Nana, Mimi, and Diana for whipping up a finished quilt to give to Sara at the end of the week with our quilt blocks. She seemed quite touched:

Excuse my pajamas. The item in my left hand is a pillow case we made out of the backing and border material. Sue from Ohio made the label on her embroidery machine using her computer:

Maddie did get some leftover blocks. I wanted to be sure those who made enough blocks for everyone got theirs first. As it was, I'm missing 2 but that's okay.

Maddie is a lovely young girl but I think she was a bit bored. In the future, we will keep this particular retreat to adults. As with most children, their interests change quickly and as the only child among all us old ladies, she really didn't have anyone to "play" with. She did do a little bit of sewing, as did Nan. They are both lovely ladies.

We will also keep this particular retreat in the summer for the teachers to be able to attend. We had talked about Spring and Fall, which is beautiful here, but we really want to give teachers a chance to join in on a quilting retreat...also a good reason to keep it an adult retreat. ;)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:27 PM

Mary:
As it was, I'm missing 2 but that's okay.
Mary:
Thank you to Gini, Nana, Mimi, and Diana for whipping up a finished quilt to give to Sara at the end of the week with our quilt blocks. She seemed quite touched:

You girls did a great job on Sara's quilt, quilters are very thoughtful people.

Mary:

Sue from Ohio made the label on her embroidery machine using her computer:

Sue, you did it again with your beautiful label.  Lost your email info so it's good to see you at the retreat.

Mary:

Mary, I'm sure the girls who made the blocks you are missing will be glad to make and send you one.  As the organizer of this wonderful retreat you should have a block from everyone IMHO.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Marie:

Mary:

Mary, I'm sure the girls who made the blocks you are missing will be glad to make and send you one.  As the organizer of this wonderful retreat you should have a block from everyone IMHO.

Well, one was Andrea Dee, bless her little heart! lol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Now Now Mary, that could be considered unecessary roughness.  I will surely do your block on extra thick paper!  So take that!

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:35 PM

mary, mine was the small white flower in the center,  i can make you one if you didn't get mine.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:39 PM

Mary, which blocks are they? I was given a couple and if that is them, I would give them to you in a heartbeat.  I really missed a wonderful time.

Put me on next years list. I WON'T miss out again. Wish I had been locked in a closet and Jim sent on his way.  As it was he was so happy to be out of there. Jim is not good with crowds.......of women!! He said he was dizzy just trying to keep up with all the movement in the rooms. He said something about a whirling dervish.........

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Andrea Dee:

Now Now Mary, that could be considered unecessary roughness.  I will surely do your block on extra thick paper!  So take that!

One of the most enjoyable parts of the week to me was the education our token New Yawker both in quilting and mostly in Southern. She learned how to tell the various nuances of "Bless your heart" and "Bless your little heart" and all variations thereof.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:48 PM

Mary:

Mary, I have plenty of fabric and beads if you need one of my forget-me-not blocks.  Just let me know.  I'll be making more anyway for the border of my quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:56 PM

Glad everyone's arriving home ok and had a good time. Thanks for the pictures and names to go with them. The lodge and surrounding area looks beautiful.I hope to be able to attend one of the retreats one day. Keep the pics coming.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:57 PM

Great photos, everyone!  I am really impressed with how much sewing space you each had!  Who keeps inviting those gremlins to the retreats???

Hey, who was working on that beautiful one-block wonder?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 4 of 21 (305 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use