Very funny.  I forwarded it to just about everyone I know that is not on QCA

P.S.   when do the pictures arrive?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 6:06 PM

I have made it home and unpacked the car.  So exhausted that I can hardly move.  There was a horrible wind storm that swept thru Virginia last night and took out power to over 3 million people.  There are trees down everywhere.  My DH said that there was 80 mph sustained winds thru this part of Va.  Today it is just hot as Hades.   I am sorry to say that I don't have the energy right now to post pics but maybe soon.  Glad to see that everyone is arriving at their destinations safely.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 6:13 PM

Nana, I am so very happy that you made it home safe, and that your DH and home are safe. Take a break, catch your breath and rest for awhile. We can wait.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 6:39 PM

Mary:

Mary that's exactly how I've been feeling foe the last two days.  Boy I would really like some cool nights as I could at least sleep for the night.  I can't use my AC as it gives me headaches. So I only turn it on when I can't handle it anymore.  I love to see retreat pictures.  I just can't wait.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:21 PM

Oh that's funny!  Good cartoon!

Seriously though, heat can be more dangerous than cold, so everyone take care. 

Waiting for pictures and stories -- when you are ready of course.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 484
Points 9,145
Darlene replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:30 PM

Hi everyone just got home to the safety of Ontario.We drove through a hurricane late yesterday there was flipped semi  trees on top of trucks and we were blowing everywhere I wanted to find safety but Larry said go slow you will be OK .My answer thats how dumb people get in trouble.Boy I haven't seen wind and rain like that .Glad to be home but sad to leave the retreat it was so much fun .Mary did an amazing job and the prizes were fantabulous .I won a free craftsy class YEA

Better go and relax a little (you don't sleep much at a retreat) lol

darlene (2manyhorses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 9:23 PM

Darlene, thank God you made it home safely.  What happened was so scary and I just saw it on TV. I have lots of relatives in Virginia. I just pray they are OK.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Nana, I was watching the news this afternoon and saw the storms in your area and I thought of you. I'm glad that your home and family is safe.

Darlene, that must have been very scary driving thru that storm .I am glad that you are safe.

So  glad everyone had a great time at the retreat and I can't wait to see the damage, er, I mean the pictures.LOL.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:57 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know we both got home this evening about 11:30 PM.  My DGD#1's dance recital was canceled due to power outages at the venue so we visited for a bit and then drove on home. My DD and family are fine but the debris from the 92 MPH winds is everywhere you look.  

I was a wonderful time at the retreat.  Mary was a gracious hostess with fabulous prizes and Sara and Mike own a wonderful lodge.  They tried so hard to make everything just like we were home. Too tired to write more now.  I've been in the car since 8:30 AM Saturday.  I miss the forest and the mountains and the lake already.  I mostly miss the laughing.  Thanks for a great time everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 2:33 AM

sam and i are home.     the night before in nashville it was 115 degrees.  we arrived to 62 degrees and pouring rain, i love north idaho.

the retreat was wonderful,  mary did a great job, sara and mike are super hosts, and my sides still ache from all the laughing.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

I got home at 1am, hit 7 Quilt Shops on my way. It's amazing how much shopping you can get done when your not "a messin and a gummin".  Ladies , I can not begin to describe how very lucky I feel to have met you all, or should I say yall.  Thank you for all your help and teachings, not to mention the beautiful gifts.  I think I may now have a stash!  Heck, fire and applesauce my sides are still aching from laughing!  I need my coffee and a smoke, be back later.  That's right Darlene I am getting up and out of my chair already (haha)! 

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Would you girls get your butts out of bed and start posting some pic's :)

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:55 AM

Hi all ,I made it home yesterday ,but was so tired I went straight to bed, so sorry I didn't post , Friday I finally stopped outside Louisville and stayed the night ,in a comfort  Inn,but had a hard time sleeping and mostly tossed and turned, Left early Sat morning and got home around 2:15 pm, very long drive,  Angel was so happy to see mom she hasn't left my side since I got home. I still need to unpack the Car and will do that today. I did bring n the machine and computer  to darn hot to leave out . Woke up once last night to the sound of rain which was badly needed ,but it didn't last very long. 

I had a wonderful time at retreat ,and Mary did a fabulous job organizing everything, Met some awesome people and great new friends,  Andera ,I made it home with my top ,  LOL   .Glad to hear so far everyone has made it home safely ,will get pictures posted just asd dsoon as I can find my camera,    CAn't wait till next year ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Leslie :

Would you girls get your butts out of bed and start posting some pic's :)

Well my butt got out of bed but hasn't done much else. Let me see if I can find my camera and I'll post some pics. My girls were so happy to see me I thought they were going to suffocate me with kisses. Barely got to kiss DH hello before sitting on the floor and being inundated by fur babies. It's so nice to be loved so much. Still haven't gone out to dinner with DH. I took a nap and woke up at 6pm. He had already eaten so no dinner out last night. Maybe tonight.

Page 2 of 21 (305 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use