Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger Posted: Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:51 PM
I know there's at least 3 of us that live in the Chicagoland area, so how about it gals (and guys)? If I could put together a party for us to all get together, would you come? I'd like to plan this for maybe the middle of September. I'd also like to have a pot-luck and have a few of you bring something for us all to nibble on. Depending on the temperature outside, I'll make either a pot of chili or a pot of something else. The rest of you all can bring side dishes and desserts. After that, I'm thinking it'd be fun to have it every three to six months. What do you guys think? Any Chicagoland quilters out there? I'm willing to bet there's more than 3 of us out there!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,826
Points 43,854
Eileen replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 7:18 AM

Chicagosinger, I'd love to join in :-)  It'll depend on the day of the week & my work schedule, but if I am off work, I'll be there.  If I can come & you need extra tables, I have a couple smaller folding tables made for sewing machines. Thanks so much for offering to do this!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Phew, I was beginning to think it was a bad idea after all! Could you please go to my dashboard and leave me a personal message with with your name, phone number and e-mail address? That way I can contact you when I have a date set and a time. More than likely, it'll be on a saturday or sunday and majority wins. Depending on how many are interested, I might take you up on the offer of those portable tables. Also, I'll let you know what main dish I'll be making so you can bring a side dish, if that's okay. As I mentioned, there"ll be a pot-luck, light meal before-hand. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Thanks!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Awesome! I'll let you know the details when I have them! In the meanwhile, could you get the word out about this party? I'd sure like there to be more than 2 people! Thanks!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Soundz great! Thanks! This is the 3rd time I've tried to respond, so that's why it's taken so long for me to reply! Blame the website. I'll let you know when I have details. Thanx again!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Something goofy's going on with the website today. I didn't realize it posted after all until I checked just now. Whats up???

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,826
Points 43,854
Eileen replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:15 AM

It happens sometimes.  If I think of it when it happens to me, I wait a moment & then reload the page to see if the message posted or not.

I'll "friend" you & get my info to you.  I know you & Susie have met, have you heard from her?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I heard from her two weeks ago, but no, not recently. I'm hoping she'll want to come. I'm also thinking of doing this every 3 to 6 mos. at the beginning of that month. It should make it easier for everyone to plan, schedule, remember, etc... What do you think? My goal is to turn this into a sewing club. Hopefully, we can rotate locations, that is, if someone doesn't mind coming and picking me up. Not sure if you know but, I'm disabled and don't drive. More than likely my DH can get me there but if he's working, I may need a ride home. The first several meets will be at my house though, at least until we've gotten a few more people to join. If you have any ideas, feel free to throw them in, I'm open to any and all suggestions! Ooops, almost forgot...I sent you a personal message thru your dashbrd. Surely, there are others out there that live in the Chicago and surrounding areas!!! C'mon, the more, the merrier! Join in!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,663
Points 25,215
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 1:23 PM

OOHHHO!!!!  Count me in!!!

Are we still getting together on Saturday?

I would gladly volunteer my place, but I can tell you that there isn't enough room for me to sew comfortably, little less add more people.  Darn it anyway...and my complex doesn't really have a party room that we can use that's large enough, either.  Hmmmm....let me think on that, I may be able to come up with something fun...

And I don't mind coming to get you Debbi!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 1:39 PM

I'm not in the Chicago area ,I wish i was ,, (not really)  but I'd come if I were , Y'all have a great time and we want pictures ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Yes, we're still getting together Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it! That's awesome that you're interested, too! As far as I'm concerned, now that there's 3, we have a party! I'd like to do this perhaps the first weekend of Sept., if that's ok with you guys. Of course, it'll be at my house, and hopefully, by the time Sept. comes around, we'll have a few more people that want to come! I'm thinking from 12 or 1pm till perhaps 9 or 10pm. To give us time to meet & greet, set up your stuff and sew, sew, sew!!! This way we can take breaks and munch, or goof-off, and still get some sewing in without anyone feeling rushed. I want us to relax and have a good time. I'm thinking you guys might think that's too long, so let me know what you think. I don't mind the lateness as I often sew late into the night. (I'm pretty sure you guys do the same thing, too!) Like I said, I want us to be able to relax, get to know each other, sew (of course) and have fun without feeling rushed because it's over at a certain time. Anyway, let me know what you think! Almost forgot, remember, it's pot-luck night so bring a light side dish. Like chips and dips, salads,potato skins, something easy and something we can snack on thru the night.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,663
Points 25,215
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 2:04 PM

Are you looking at the 1st?  That's Labor day weekend...I'm out of town.  The next Saturday is the 8th, but I have my granddaughter's birthday party that afternoon.

Can we shoot for the 15th?  Or does that not work for you?

Noon til 10 works for me!  I'm all about "running away" for a day!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
The 15th is fine, but we need to keep it that way if we're going to meet every 3 to 6 months. I actually was thinking more like anywhere from the 3rd to the 15th. Any later in the month, funds aren't so hot. Yes, I know when Labor Day is. Of course, I hadn't looked at a calendar. That's why I was thinking and said the first weekend of Sept. How 'bout you Eileen? How does the 15th sound to you?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

I wish I lived in Chicago.

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:05 PM

Andrea Dee:

I wish I lived in Chicago.

Me too

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.