Quilt of mens neck ties.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 33 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
571 Posts
Points 10,715
Debra posted on Tue, Jun 26 2012 7:13 AM

Has anyone done a quilt using mens neck ties? Do you know of any patterns or info for this? Thank you. Have a friend who has their deceased brothers ties and wants a quilt/wall hanging.  

Deb

• | Post Points: 110

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
807 Posts
Points 12,424

Thanks for the thumbs up on my bag and vest. They are made from all silk ties and from the thrift store. I still have about 70 or eighty to use up but, not all of the left overs are all silk.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
802 Posts
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:39 PM

Oh Jacy,

I really like the second quilt using the ties!  I have all of my deceased dad's ties that I'd like to make into a quilt, some day. I'll have to google to find these.  Thanks for the heads up.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
802 Posts
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:42 PM

Jeannine, I like both of these too!  So many  decisions to make now! LOL! They both look easy to make, all it takes now is time. 

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Not Ranked
Female
57 Posts
Points 1,490

One of the magazines I received just a few months ago had a wonderful pattern.  I will see if I can find it and give you the issue/name, etc.  What a wonderful idea!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
571 Posts
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 6:17 AM

Joan I can't believe these were made with neck ties.... Beautiful!  You are so talented.

Deb

Joan L.:
Debbie, I haven't made a quilt but, have made a bag and a vest.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
571 Posts
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 6:21 AM

Thank you to all that responded. Such wonderful ideas. This web site is the greatest, so glad I discovered it.  My next project is gonna be silk tie I think. (After Harry, Scrappy, and my sons Nascar.) 

Not Ranked
Female
57 Posts
Points 1,490

Found it.  Finally!  The Quilter's World issue December 2011 had a cover and a pattern for neckties. :)  Hope this helps.

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

A necktie is usually a longer part of material that has a thin and a broad part that's put on on the neck, inside the collars meant for special celebrations. There exist a lot of other variants of the neck tie which have a matching functionality in men's shirts. how do i tie a neck tie? Examples of these are the bow tie as well as the bolo necktie. There are lots of men that think it is very difficult to tie a necktie. Here's an easier way to tie a tie.

Tying a Neck tie Without difficulty

Among the simplest ways is almost always to knot it in a 4 in hand knot. Virtually all newbies to the skill of tying a tie rely on the simplicity of this approach while being taught to tie a tie. Basically stick to the very simple suggestions specified on this page.

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 40

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 40

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 40

My pics arent posting.  If you email me at craftyme329@gmail.com, I'll send you some photos you may like.

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts
Points 5

Wow!  The purse and vest is awesome, I just love the colors.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,584 Posts
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 9:19 PM

Joan L - I love your bag, made from ties!  did you use a pattern?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,584 Posts
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 9:21 PM

Deborah:

I love this Deborah, you didn't say if you made it and if so, what is the pattern?  very very nice!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 270
Katie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 9:36 PM

Deborah:

I love love love this!! I've been saving my dad's favorite dress shirts to do something with for a while now and this pattern looks so cool. What's the info on it if you wouldn't mind? thanks! 

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use