Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:30 AM

I think it is beautiful.  I love the look of sea turtles and the bright colors are perfect for a baby.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
JennieLeigh, CONGRATULATIONS! 30 years ago I had the same experience. God does know what He is about and I must say you are handling it much better than I did. chuckle! Organizing a quilt. That is wonderful! How about a Sunbonnet Sue and Sunbonnet Sam. It's an old pattern and would go either way.

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:47 AM

JennieLiegh the turtles are darling and like Susie said if it's a girl you could applique bows around their necks.  OOPS, I've been watching Jenny Doan, "darling" is one of her favorite words.  She's such a sweetheart!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

I'm not familiar with the Sunbonnet Sue & Sam pattern.  What does it look like?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

I'm not much of a "girly" girl.  I suppose it comes from being raised by a single father who used to be a fraternity boy. :)  My husband claims it made me the perfect woman:  she drinks beer, watches sports, enjoys action movies & Western flicks, knows who Chuck Norris, John Wayne, & Steve McQueen is, hates shopping, and STILL looks pretty.  Who could ask for more?

anyway, I don't like Barbie, lambs, or pastels.  And I would rather my daughter (if it is a girl) not have the sterotypical pink colors.  I like the bold, strong colors. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Sue and Sam are pioneer kids. You could google for the pattern As for you little girl, if you have one, she will probably go through many, many stages before she becomes the women she will be.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 6:17 PM

i thinks the turtles will make a beautiful baby quilt

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 7:25 PM

JennieLeigh:
Of course, my older sister (who believes and acts like she knows everything, but then, I'm told that's typical of older sisters) told me that she was only sick when pregnant with her girl.  She wasn't sick with her boys.  And I wasn't sick with MY boys.  So, I'm kinda hoping this one is a girl. :) 

JennieLeigh, best wishes for you and your baby. I wish it were true about telling the sex by morning sickness but with my son was barely sick at all and with DD#1 was sick as a dog for months. But with DD#2 was once again barely sick at all just a couple of weeks if that much. So just hangin there and God will bless you with a beautiful and healty child.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

I know it's been months since I posted, but I thought I would let ya'll know:

The baby was born--at home--on February 17th.  And it was a BOY!  HA!  I guess God got the last laugh on that one. :)  Still haven't had time to start the turtle quilt, but it is on the shelf to be made as soon as I can manage it.  I'm finding that running a household with 4 kids is a little bit more labor intensive than I had anticipated. :)

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 1:48 PM

JennieLeigh

Congratulations on the healthy boy.   Running a household with 4 kids is definitely labor intensive.   Good luck and try to take time to enjoy the new addition.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 2:02 PM

Congrats JennieLeigh, on your new little one

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 2:05 PM

Belated Congrats, Jennie!  Enjoy those kiddos while they are young.  They grow up so fast!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 7:50 PM

Congrats on the new baby, Jennie Leigh.  Just enjoy your little ones, they grow up too fast.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 8:24 PM

congratulations, jennie leigh

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 8:45 PM

Good to hear from you JennieLeigh,   It seems to me, if I remember correctly, that you were hoping for a girl.  Well, suprise, suprise.  boys are nice too.  My great grandson was born on Feb 11, just a few days ahead of your little one.    I remember all too well when there were 4 kids running around in my house.  Yeppers, it certainly fills up those days in ways you can't believe.    Conratulations on your new little one.    Ginny

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use