Suggestions?

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Your right JennieLeigh, it is going to be allright! You hit it o0n the head, God chose for you to have another child and he has blessed you! Remember, He'll never give you more than you can handle. God probably knows that you are good parents, so rejoice in the knowledge that He has faith in you and loves you! By the way, I think turtles is a great idea! Go with your gut, it's probably the Lord telling you what you need to know, so go with it. Congratulations!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 6:34 AM

Jennie Leigh,

Congratulations!!!   Babies are a gift, even though right now I'm sure you are a little shocked and very understandably.   I think it is terrific you are not finding out what the sex is.  In hind sight I wish we had waited with our two girls.  And as other have said God doesn't bring us to anything He can't bring us through.  Turtles are wonderful and fun.  Enjoy.

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

I hope that, because I've chosen turtles, I haven't doomed my child to being  a slow-poke! Hee hee hee!

We've been dealing with either food poisoning or a vomiting virus around here, so I'm not sure if that is the culprit or if it is morning sickness.  I never had morning sickness w/ my other pregnancies, so this is totally new to me.  Of course, my older sister (who believes and acts like she knows everything, but then, I'm told that's typical of older sisters) told me that she was only sick when pregnant with her girl.  She wasn't sick with her boys.  And I wasn't sick with MY boys.  So, I'm kinda hoping this one is a girl. :) 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

JennieLeigh:
I hope that, because I've chosen turtles, I haven't doomed my child to being  a slow-poke!

JennieLeigh, congrats on your news. 

My siblings have called my turtle for years because I was always the last one up in the morning, the last ready for school, the last at the bus stop.  You get the picture.  I am still a Last Minute Lucy and frequently down to the wire to complete a project for a specific deadline.

I prefer to think that this means I am very methodical rather than a slow poke.  I tend to really think everything thru and plan the dickens out of everything before I start.  This can be considered good and bad.  I choose to look at it from the positive and believe this is not a bad trait.

I do not believe you have cursed your child by choosing turtles as the them for the quilt you are making.

You have been given some sound words of encouragement and I can only say that I agree with your choice to wait until the delivery to know what blessings you will have with your next child.

Best wishes and God's blessings for you and your family.  You will be in my prayers.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 2:08 PM

It's going to be fine. Babies are good. Turtles are good too!

You can make this one: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/media/p/379705.aspx

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

Oh, WOW!  It took me a second, but that is just gorgeous!  I love it! :) 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:42 AM

hi jennie, congratuations

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:04 PM

I have to add my congrats to the growing list!  I often wish I had had more than my 2, but my second was such a horrible experience in the hospital that I went and had a tubal soon after so that I never had to go through it again.  There have been many times I have regretted that.  But I delight in the two I have, even if one of them about drives me to drink.

I think turtles will be wonderful!  If it ends up too "boyish" and the baby is a girl, you can always applique a pink bow for the turtle's head :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:55 PM

Jennie Leigh

Wow.  I feel sure that this was quite the surprise but you will be fine.  Those new babies grow on us.  I feel sure that you will find a beautiful pattern for a quilt.  I think that turtles would be beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:19 PM

Joe:

It's going to be fine. Babies are good. Turtles are good too!

This hit me as very funny...

"Babies are good.  Turtles are good, too!"

And there you have it!  It's all good.  This is my new saying... LOL 

Congratulations!  My sister had her 4th "surprise" seven years ago (she's 50 now) but I don't think the world would be right without little Arun around.  He is the sweetest, most unique little kid I've known.  You are definitely blessed.  Enjoy!  (even when it isn't much fun.)

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 5:25 AM

Jennie,what a wonderful surprise, I think its great you are waiting till the baby comes to find out Girl or boy.  I think the turtles will be adorable . keep us posted ,we all love babies .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

Life does throw us alot of curve balls but WOOHOO your gonna have a baby!  Congrats.

Andrea

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

Oh, susie!  I feel your pain!  My last birth left me traumatized for a number of years and has left me terrified of setting foot in a hospital.  I'm sure we could share horror stories of the lies and manipulations that women encounter in hospitals.  I've hired a midwife and informed my husband that he will be catching (he's not real excited about that), but otherwise, I think I may have a mental breakdown.  I honestly sufferd from PTSD following the birth of my youngest song.  I literally shake and take alternate routes to avoid going past the hospital now.  Keep me in your prayers.  I believe this pregnancy, and the birth, are going to be my journey to recovery and victory.  :) 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

You guys are cracking me up!  Thank you for all the well-wishes.  We told our oldest, our 15-year old daughter, who is ecstatic and cannot wait for the baby to get here.  I drew out a pattern for a turtle quilt, based on one I found online.  I'll post a picture and you guys tell me what you think.  I am leaning towards using a variety of batiks for the shells.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

Here's the picture I grabbed from offline.  It's from Jenyfer Mathews page and it's her design.  I will probably not attempt something this large for the baby, but I like how she did the turtles.  And the colors.

Tell me what you think!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use