Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 410
Gloria Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009 6:43 AM

On Sewing With Nancy, she had a program dealing with Ombre fabrics or gradation fabric.  I did not realize how hard it is to find this fabric.  I have gone to Benartex.com and found what I would like to purchase but the company does not sale to individuals and it is hard to find a store that sales this fabric close to where I live in Nebraska.  If anyone has any suggestions for a way to purchase this fabric please let me know at wgummere@gmail.com

thank you

Gloria

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:01 AM

someone had this same question a few months back.  I searched and found the answer.  Go to cottonclub.com, on-line catelog and enter 'ombre' in the search space.  Looks like a good selection.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:05 AM

equilter.com has a nice selection as well.

Welcome to the group Gloria.  I really enjoy this site and someone always has the answer.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 410
Gloria replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:21 AM

I am really new to this so will make a lot of mistakes.  I am trying to make a quilt for my grandsons using these vibrant colors if I can find them.  Sounds like a great starting point.

Gloria

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:54 AM

Gloria

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  There are so many friendly and helpful people here.  We love to chat and share pictures.  Tell us about your quilts when you get a chance and we would love to hear about you as well.  Good luck on your search for ombre fabric.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:29 PM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Gloria!

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 30 2009 3:19 AM

Welcome to QCA, Gloria. You will always find an answer here.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,260

Welcome Gloria.  This is a great site and very helpful.  I bought an ombre fabric and used it to make a Quilt of Valor - turned out beautiful.  The colors went from purple/blue to yellow and it fit right in with the theme.  Good luck finding your special fabric.

Judi, Loudon, TN

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use