i have air on

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 Posted: Tue, Jun 19 2012 5:09 PM

i'm just too hot to quilt, garden no energy for much of anything.  So I guess my quilts will be delayed in their finishing.  Maybe I should drink some water.  I've covered all my windows with towels fabric closed blinds  waiting for sun to start setting so i can water lawn and garden.  Normally i'm a sun lover but humidity is getting to me.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 7:54 AM

I am so glad I live in the dry side of WA.  In the summer, when it starts feeling "muggy" here, a thunderstorm is usually on the way.  Unfortunately often with dry lightning and no rain. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:15 AM

Our air is always on. I am so hot natured. Turn it to about 71 at night, love to sleep in ice cubes. DH, not so much. During the day, it's about 73.

The little rain we have had is storms with thunder and lightening. The lightening has taken out our well pump and then another part of it with another storm. So, rain is great and we need to badly, but lightening is expensive.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

My AC has been on. I would keep it about 72 at night but DH gets too hot so it's at 68 nights. I raise it when he leave for work and lower it before I go to bed. He works so hard, the least I can do is snuggle under the comforter so he is comfy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:44 AM

Thanks for replying.  my problem is I like the fresh air through the house. so i keep opening windows in morning, and dialing up during day.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,864
gini replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:54 AM

sam has the air on so cold, and both fans running at full tilt. it's like being in the arctic, with gale force winds.  i turn it down when he is out for the day, he comes in and complains at lunch, then he turns it back down to frigid when he is in for the evening.  i wish i had broght my winter robe.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Gini - isn't it the pits when you disagree on temperature with DH?  I'm the one who likes it a bit cooler - Dave gets chilled.  I like to keep the air at about 75 - 78 during the day but have the ceiling fans going to move it around.  Dave comes into the room and turns the fan off.  :o(  He sleeps under a quilt a year long and I throw it off and sleep under just the top sheet. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 110
Hades replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:58 PM

Men are funny,my husb sleeps under feather/down duvet --I have light down only--along with bedspread not turned down and sheet to protect for one dog, all yr round and complains if I open his window, I,m sleeping with duvet off and my window-same room--wide open.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:57 PM

My favorite place to sleep when it is hot, is my sewing room, previously my daughter's room.  Still has a bed, and wonderful bay window that lets a nice breeze in.  DH's and my room is on the opposite side of the house.  But as the breeze comes from the other direction, it doesn't reach us.  I told DH last night that if our house ever burns in a wild fire, we are putting our room on the other side.  Speaking of wild fires, we are supposed to have lighting the next several days.  Hope it is not dry lighting. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use