Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555

Great suggestions!  I WILL TRY THEM.

I am a retired teacher.  A rotten typist- always hitting the wrong buttons.  I have one son and live in a southwest suburb of Chicago.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:21 AM

Welcome Kathleen!

Where abouts in Chicago-land are you?  I'm in Palatine...and it sounds like you stopped by my LQS-where they are not very friendly at all.  I much prefer Joanns out of the sheer customer service aspect.

I don't have a Pfaff, but I have a dear friend who has let me play with hers.  I'm not very comfortable with it, but I"m learning.  The one thing I have learned with the touch screen, is that it's similar to a computer--you can always go "back" to the previous menu.

My suggestion is to get some scrap fabric and just start playing around to see what everything does.  I'm not a good one for classes, I prefer hands on where I can touch, see and feel my way around to get comfortable.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 10:00 AM

Kathleen Johnston:
The Pfaff dealer nearest to me will not give me lessons on the machine or allow me into any of the Pfaff clubs/-if I gain competence

Well shame on him!  You should let Pfaff know that particular dealers policy, bet they won't like it.  Does he know you inherited it?    In the mean time Sukochi had some good ideas especially hiring someone, one on one, to teach you.  Private lessens are great!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Kathleen.  I wonder if one of us QCAers has the same machine as yours.  If yes, I am sure they would be a good source of info.  I know that we all help each other out on here. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Kathleen - SW of Chicago  - Near Joliet??  If so I know exactly which shop you are talking about!!! If you are near Joliet, there is a guild which meets on Monday nights and I bet there is someone in the guild who could help you.  Also there is a guild in Minooka which has several members with Pfaff machines.  Let me know and I send you their contact and meeting info.  I am in Channahon and always go to the Fabric Center but they sell Janome and Brother so I don't think they could help you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 555

Yes that is the one.  Since it's the largest dealer in Illinois I guess they can do as they please.  Thanks for the info.  Please send me the contacts.  I may be able to find someone to teach me there.  You are all so willing to help. Thank you. kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 12:37 PM

Kathleen - I am so sorry you had problems at this shop!  A lot of my guild members will not shop there because of the staff's and owner's attitude!!!! I go there only to get my hop hop passports stamped.  Like I said I go to the Fabric Center in Morris or will drive to Oswego to go to Prairie Stitches.  I will do a friend request in order to send you the contact info as it will be names and phone numbers.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use