Top 10 Posters

Quilting Frames

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Points 4,680
Kelli posted on Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:03 PM

I am considering getting a quilting frame. I am thinking about possibly getting the Flynn multi-frame or something similar. I was wondering if anyone has used one or something similar and if so what are your opinions on it. Is it worth it? Is there anything I should know before buying it? I don't know if it makes a difference but the machine I will be using with it is a Janome memory craft 5300

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 625
Verified by Kelli

I had a Flynn and did not like it. Using it with a small, crib, quilt was fine. It did not work well with larger quilts. I found it ackward and eventually just gave it away going back to not having a frame. I do have a friend that has a Grace frame and loves it. It is more expensive but might be worth the extra cost.

• | Post Points: 70

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 6:57 AM

I love me some new toys too! LOL What I don't love is cleaning and reorganizing my sewing room to make room for them. lol :-(

Redfish I found the frame and machine combo online

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/gmq-pro-tl2000qi-combo.php

I went to my local grace dealer ( who is also a Juki dealer) and showed her this and she gave me the same price. I am still waiting for it to come in so I will let you know what I think when it gets here. :)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 625

Thanks for the information. I am waiting for the quilt show in September to take a closer look at what is available. I will know where to look for prices before I go down. Again, let me know how you like it.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
38 Posts
Points 955

I have the grace frame/juki combo - I love it... 

Monika

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 4:54 PM

I have had the chance to use the grace/ juki combo on a couple of quilts one queen size the other crib size and I have to agree with Ladyhawke ... I LOVE it! Quilting is so much easier with it.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use