Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 71
Points 2,455
nitchals replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:39 AM

Thanks ladies!  Your advice really helped, so happy I posted.  I would have never thought of gloves and I was worried that camera's wouldn't be allowed.  Big comfy totes make a lot of sense too, I always forget those and end up with plastic bags - totes are definately better.  And I am actually happy to hear that mom's with kids might be there - I don't have kids and I am totally not cool with the out of control type but the fact that there might be a wide diversity of age groups really appeals to me.  I went to a quilting class once and ended up being the youngest by at least 25 years.  I learned a lot from those ladies and from the generation before me in my family - it would be nice to have the chance at hearing another perspective from someone in my age group or even younger.  I just can't wait for tomorrow!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 3:37 PM

Nana:
My kids weren't allowed to act like that in public.

I know, I was horrified when I went on a school trip with my youngest.  Part of the trip was lunch in a resaurant and the teachers just sat/ate./chatted and ignored the little monsters running around, throwing food.  And this was GRADE 7!!  My daughter was embarrased and I was angry.  Never went on another trip either. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:43 PM

I just think to myself,  "oh, good, I don't have to raise those brats when they're teenagers".

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:45 PM

And that thought has slipped right out of my mouth a time or two!   Oops, !!!

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:49 PM

Is anyone having trouble posting single posts.   I keep getting the moderator message

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,413
Points 133,780

Nana:

Susie

The out of control kids drive me nuts too.....

I bit ashamed to admit to what I once did but....... I was in the grocery store and a 4 year old girl was whinning and fussing and being a miserable little monster. Her mother kept saying "now, if you're not good I'm going to take you right home".  Yea, right, that kid had her mother's number.

Anyway, as I walked past the obnoxious child I turned to her and.....stuck my tongue out at her..... (makes you wonder who the child was doesn't it..LOL). The kid's eyes got huge and she snapped her mouth shut. It sure did give me some satisfaction even though I heard her start up again shortly after.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:03 PM

Comfy shoes and a bottle of water.

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use