Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385
Marilyn Webb Posted: Sun, Jun 10 2012 11:03 PM

Seems every time I think I am reducing my stash, it multiplies behind my back!!!!!  And some friends bring me fabric from their vacations as gifts.  Course I returned the favor last year with "bad hair" fabric from a trip I took.

54490-238-82709ACF8509E3BC1FOCFDB04EA66E

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:28 AM

Marilyn

I kinda like it when my stash multiplies when I am not looking....LOL.  Never too much stash.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:59 AM

What is 'bad hair' fabric?"  I am working on stash reduction and have had some success.  Specially with MQ6.  Had one very large piece of fabric I bought years ago, and with a big border and couple pillow cases, I will use it all up.  And for once I bought the right  amount of additional fabric for the quilt, and will just have some very small scraps from that.  However, on the row quilts, I come home with the 'perfect' piece of fabric, to find it does not quite match what I had in mind.  So back to the LQS. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 9:50 AM

ok, what's "bad hair" fabric?   do i need to add some to my stash? 

my studio is remote from the house, so i can't keep a close eye on the stash multiplication issue, what it gets up to behind closed doors is it's business. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385

Bad hair day is fabric that has stick figures with wild hair dos!  And some place I was at with a couple of quilt friends it had been made into a wall quilt with the saying "Kansas winds makes my hair bad"  tHE FRIENDS were from Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Kansas and we were out shop hopping. ( At one time we all went to college together.)  The fabric was sold out at this shop and someone in the group said they really wanted some, never dreaming it would show up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:36 AM

too funny marilyn.   today, i got my haircut, and i am having a bad hairday.  my flaky cousin,   told me on monday, she was going to be too sick on saturday to cut my hair.  whatever.   so i went to the  hair in a box at wally world.   you get what you pay for.   this is the worst haircut i've had in ages.   20 minutes with a pair of scissors and it's looking a bit better.  and that's three times as long as she spent cutting my hair in the first place.  so be forewarned, smokey's retreat, i'm no stick figure, but i'm wearing  wild hair.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:41 AM

My daughter in law good one of those open topped hats (I know there is a name for them but my mind is blank) with wild "hair" puffed up through the opening.  It is so funny to see our son in law, who is bald, with this hat on.  Now that is wild hair.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385

I have 2 cousins that cut hair for a living and when they were in school, I always had short hair that was never the same color for long!  NOW IT IS SHOT AND VERY DARK AND SOME FOLKS ACUSE ME  of coloring it, but it is the color I was given.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:50 PM

hey gini , did you look at my hair , I think it is now about 3/4 of an in,long . I don't think anyone will even notice once they see mine ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:23 AM

My fabric keeps 'multiplying' too.   You saw that I won 50 yards on FabShopHop and thank you for the congratulory.  But. and this is a big but, our LQS is going out of business and I was there the day before.  I really hate to say this, but bought 106 yards of fabric there.  She had, if you buy what's left on the bolt, $4 a yard, and she had a lot of bolts not even opened and if you bought those, they were $3 a yard.  She counted rounds on the bolt instead of rolling them out to save time and always gave the customer the benefit.  Now, you talk about multiplying....LOL   I'm still looking for places.  I also just finished s shop hop in 12 shops in East Tn. and of course, bought something at each of them from their sale rack.  Gini and Barbara and Nana are going to have a ball checking out my store, errrrr stash....lol   I bought bolts of neutrals which I always seem to be short of, so that was a good thing. 

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:45 PM

You go girl!!! SHOP, SHOP, SHOP, SHOP,!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 2:21 PM

I figure I can't die until I've used up all my fabric.   I think I'll live to be 135 years old....lol

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 2:23 PM

My stash is multiplying all by itself all the time - I don't remember buying some of the fabrics that are in there - it is fun to go through the drawers and look at the shelves all the time - I really do need to do some reduction though... Barbara didn't get her suitcase filled while she was here - I think she was too busy sewing...lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 940
Krysti replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 2:52 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that all of your stashes are so big and keep growing LOL.  I do not have that problem; I have a tiny stash since I just started quilting (almost completed with my 2nd quilt).  So...if ya'll need a place to put some of that extra fabric.......I hope to someday share in your dilema! :)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use