rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:28 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Who knows, you may fall in love with a goat!

What a good idea!  Patti, you have extra time now and a nice size yard to raise a goat!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:54 PM

Judy,

The goat people are going to absolutely LOVE this quilt. You did a fantastic job. You're quilting looks great on there. I know it'll do well. Keep us informed.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Thanks Ramona, Gini, Jacy, Barbara and Marie.....I just delivered the quilt to my daughter who is organizing the event. Know what she said? "OH MY GOODNESS, Randy (her hubby) will bid out of his mind for this"

Now I'm working on one more easy one for the auction. It will be a 30" square dog mat with a log cabin background and a dog whizzing on a tree. I should be able to finish this in one afternoon. No quilting as I'm sewing the strips directly to the layered back and batting. I suspect Randy will want this one also. He's the 6'5" bear of a man who wraps up in the quilt I made him every day no matter what the weather. Men are SUCH sweet little boys.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:05 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I finished the goat quilt that is destined for a charity auction to benefit the New Moon Farm Goat Rescue & Sanctuary here in Washington State.

I love it Judy. You did a wonderful job with it. I expect it to do well at the auction.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Thanks Kris.  I found out it's not an auction excactly. It's a raffle where people buy tickets and put them in the drawing for the particular items they want. My son-in-law is saying he's going to buy the whole role so he can get the quilt. He won't, but it's sweet of him to say so.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 10:34 PM

Judy, that's so cute, if your sil doesn't get it I see another in the works for him. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 18,450

This goat quilt is adorable!!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 19,820

Judy T - I just love the goat quilt!! You did a great job and such a short time from beginning to finish - I am way jealous

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Bonita:

Judy, that's so cute, if your sil doesn't get it I see another in the works for him. :)

Thanks Bonita but, no, he won't get one unless he wins it. I enjoyed making this fun piece. Bucorpulent want to repeat it. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 1:36 PM

Judy,

Isn't it a great feeling when you making something someone really enjoys and uses. Randy seems like a great guy.

You must post a picture of the log cabin/dog quilt too. They are going to sell lots of tickets, if Randy will share. LOL

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
Tammany replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 7:28 PM

Good Afternoon: 

I think this quilt is so cute.  I have a friend who raises goats and I can never find any patterns that have goats on them.

Could you tell me where you got this pattern as I would like to have it and make it as a gift for my "goat" friend.

Thank you,

Tammany

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Tammany:

Good Afternoon: 

I think this quilt is so cute.  I have a friend who raises goats and I can never find any patterns that have goats on them. Could you tell me where you got this pattern as I would like to have it and make it as a gift for my "goat" friend. Thank you,

Tammany

Tammany

Thank you. This was a really fun quilt to make. You can get it from the Quilted Frog. The pattern is called Goat Stack

http://quiltedfrog.danemcoweb.com/shop/product/goat-stack/

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
Tammany replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 7:42 PM

Thank you so much!  I am going to order it today.  I just love the colors you used and it is so whimsical.  I am sure it will bring a smile to my friend! 

Take care and thanks again for such a quick response!  Quilt on!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Also, Tammany, I so glad you asked. I had also gotten a pattern from the Quilted Frog called Catch of the Day with cats and gold fish. I forgot I had it. Now I've pulled it out and will put it on my pile of "I want to make this".

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Tammany:
Thank you so much!  I am going to order it today.  I just love the colors you used and it is so whimsical.  I am sure it will bring a smile to my friend! 

Be sure to post a picture. I'll look forward to seeing your quilt.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use