Top 10 Posters

Help! Sliding longarm machine

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
52 Posts
Points 945
rshatto posted on Thu, May 17 2012 9:06 AM

I am working on getting my Nolting Hobby set up. I bought it used. It only came with 1 needle and it was broken when I recieved it. I have lots of needles on its way. Anyways, I have put it on my frame and played anyhow, and I am finding when I work from the front of the machine, it is moving around on the frame stand. I dont want to get going and have it slide off the side or something tragic. I have thought about getting some cork with adhesive on the back and mount that to the carriage then set the machine on top. Any suggestions?

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,594 Posts
Points 75,890
Karla replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:12 AM

I've used a kind of shelf liner that feels like a rubber-type netting and it works just great.  It's inexpensive and you can cut to any size you want.  My LQS recommended it.  You might want to try some.  I can't really remember the brand, but I keep thinking it was made by RubberMaid.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,594 Posts
Points 75,890
Karla replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:13 AM

By the way, it is not adhesive, but it does grip and doesn't allow any sliding, so you can remove it if you ever wanted to without a problem.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
402 Posts
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:27 AM

I have found many uses for this kind of shelf liner (mine is made by Duck).  I have it under my DSM as a "cushion".  I also use it in place of quilting gloves when free motion quilting on my DSM (you fold a piece to make two "pads" and put your hands on them and they grip the quilt as you free motion--learned that from craftsy.com class!).

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,401 Posts
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, May 17 2012 10:44 PM

My daughter uses something like this on her futon.  the mattress was always sliding down.  With the mat underneath, it stays in place.  I like it because it does the job without having to be stuck on something.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use