Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 19
Points 485
Andy Meyer Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:19 AM

As you may or may not know I help run a software company that has a interest in the quilting community. We have been developing quilting apps for the iphone for over a year now and thought we might make a companion piece for peoples desktop Mac's. I know a lot of people don't have an iPhone, but want a way to manage your stash,notions, trims and such. So, thoughts anyone?

P.S everyone here has been so helpful already THANKS!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,281
Points 413,729
gini replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:00 AM

andy,  i have my stash out and ready to peruse every time i go into my studio.   i can't think how having it on a computer would help.    i have to look at it, feel it.     i take swatches with me to the quilt stores, i know roughly if there is enough fabric it my hoard.     if i don't have enough of one material, i  use a similar fabric.    it gives a more "quilty look"   if all the fabrics don't match.  i think i would lose that spontenaity in my quilts if i took that away.     threads, notions, etc,  i buy on sale,   so i always have enough or even more than i need.   i've been trying to think of a way your program would benefit me, but in my case i don't think it would help.      let me know if you can think of anything that would help me.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:32 PM

I think it's easier to have this on my iPhone/iPod touch than my desktop since I can take the phone with me to the LQS. What I would like on my computer is design software that runs natively on my mac. I have EQ6 and, while I love it, I would rather not have to run windows to use it.

I know Quilt Pro has a Mac version but it won't hurt to have a little more variety.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 19
Points 485
Andy Meyer replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 10:19 AM

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, you all are great. Just to clarify the iPhone app we already have will be able to sync up with the computer version. So, would there be any specific features in an application like this that would want to make you purchase it on the desktop?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
cmebd replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:47 PM

Though I think that the benefits of being able to carry around your stash info is without argument - I still think that for the majority of sewers/embroiderers  etc even a PC version (I have windows unfortunately) would be a great bonus.  I am sure even some Mac users would be more than happy just to have something that they can check before going shopping :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 988
Points 14,985
weezee56 replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:58 PM

Hey Andy

Sorry I don't have a iphone or a desktop Mac. Can't help you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:38 AM

Ladies,

Andy's message was from 2009. I'm not sure he's still following this thread.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 988
Points 14,985

Thank you Kris, I guess I need to look at the dates of the posts.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use