Page 1 of 40 (600 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 599 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,044
gini Posted: Sat, Apr 14 2012 11:45 PM

We have arrived and the fun has begun.  Nana gets many kudos for our house on the beach.  Our machines are humming.    The GREAT CAPE unveiling will occur tomorrow, and the anticipation is building.

Stay tuned folks.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:08 AM

Southwest Superwoman must rest up before the unveiling!    How many of you are going to see the sunrise in he morning?    Coffee on the sand looking out over the ocean -- you must be in heaven.  

Looking forward to pics tomorrow!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,044
gini replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:22 AM

Hi everyone 

Its Marlene on gini iPad .Having so much fun and I have never seen so many sewing machines in one table in my life. We had the block exchange and everyone outdid themselves.  You would have thought we would read each other minds they are so well color coordinated.  We are all going to have such beautiful va beach quilts.

Tomorrow is mexican food night enchiladas and green chili burros and tortillas and gini,'s homemade salsa. Ole. 

We all miss you and wish you were here with us.  Tomorrow be ready for the cape. Stay tuned 

Lots  of love

Marlene

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,044
gini replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:22 AM

Hi everyone 

Its Marlene on gini iPad .Having so much fun and I have never seen so many sewing machines in one table in my life. We had the block exchange and everyone outdid themselves.  You would have thought we would read each other minds they are so well color coordinated.  We are all going to have such beautiful va beach quilts.

Tomorrow is mexican food night enchiladas and green chili burros and tortillas and gini,'s homemade salsa. Ole. 

We all miss you and wish you were here with us.  Tomorrow be ready for the cape. Stay tuned 

Lots  of love

Marlene

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:24 AM

Gini,

Glad you have arrived safely, although im not sure its the machines humming i thing thats everyone talking all at once.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:29 AM

Hi Marlene,

Glad you are there safe and sound, hopefully everyone else is as well, cant wait to see pics of the VB quilts, better tell Nana things are getting bad she is dropping off the list of top 10 posters.

Have loads of funxx

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:31 AM

Marlene,

You may want to go easy on those green chili burros!  I hear they have a real kick!   

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,372
Points 37,380
Linda replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 4:50 AM

Have fun everyone! Sounds like it's already started. Can't wait to see the pix of SW Superwoman's unveiling!!!!! Seen any good looking sailors yet?? Mind sending one my way please?

Hugs,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Shhhh..... Don't tell anyone that I am up.  It is about 5:30.  I am sitting on the stairs up to the room I share with Marlene because I don't want to turn lights on anywhere and wake anyone.  I am spoiled by our mattress at home so I gave up trying to fall back to sleep.  No sun peaking out yet so I don't know how many will make it up for the sunrise.  Everyone crashed and burned at different times last night.  I made it to 11:30 ----- and yes there were a few machines humming last night.  Marlene, the two Darlene's, Nancy, Nana, Gini, Barbara and I did manage to get in some sewing after the block exchange and visiting but most of us stuck to something that didn't require too much brain power,.  Many cameras were flashing so we will have pictures for you later.

Nancy, Randy, QCA Liz and sue arrived first so they got to see this beautiful beach house before anyone else.  Joni and I rolled in around 5.  Many of the group got caught up in traffic coming down so I am glad that Joni and I came in from the "bottom". Cars were unloaded and tons of food grace the counter tops.  Rooms were worked out on the three levels.  Marlene and I share one of the "crow's nests". :o)  Had to laugh at out shower --- Is it in the bathroom????  NO - it is out in our sitting area where the jacuzzi tub is.

Supper was make you own sandwiches and since the table is literally covered with sewing machines, we scattered to various and sundry other places to eat and get to know each other better. The ice maker couldn't keep up with us so we sent poor Jason out for ice.  We were getting worried about him 'cause he took so long but he finally followed the breadcrumbs back to the beach house. . 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 5:32 AM

Marge,

Honey later on you are going to be so tired, i looked on the web at the photos of where you are staying it looks wonderful, if i was there with you it would be me and you on the stairs as i am always an early riser about 4.30 normally, it sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time. Cant wait to see the photos, have a wonderful time.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 6:05 AM

Yes, it is the first retreat of the year.  Exciting for all of us.  And on the beach.  How could it be better?  Even though I am not there, I have so been looking forward to this.  Cant' wait for the photos!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,051
Points 65,825
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:09 AM

Sounds like the fun has begun.  I hope you all have a wonderful time and beautiful weather.  Tough decision beach or quilting?  You'll have to decide.  Enjoy!

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:37 AM

Good morning. Pat, Marie, Jason and I arrived last evening around 7PM. I was in a sorry state after way too many hours driving. I had a headache and I was very achy. Seeing all these wonderful ladies and getting some food really helped perk me up a bit. I'm going to try to keep you updated on our adventures.

First, a photo of our house:

and the view from the deck this AM:

Here's our party area:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:39 AM

Good Morning Kris and Marge.  Kris, great pics, glad you are feeling better

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:45 AM

Kris,

I am so glad you are feeling better, the house looks wonderful, i am amazed that that many vehicles can park outside one house.

The party area looks very tidy........ must be because the party hasnt started yet.

Thanks everybody for keeping us updated, its been very quiet on the boards since you all went away.

Have fun.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 1 of 40 (600 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use