Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 90
Judi Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:38 PM

I am fairly new to quilting and have used the QuiltSmart method to make the 58" Lone Star quilt top.  I have the kit part finished, and want the finished quilt to be a "super" queen size for my son and his  fiance.  I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how to finish the quilt.  I don't want to take away from the star, but feel that the area on the pillow foldover may look awfully blank if the star is on the body of the bed.  Any ideas?  Thank you for any input. I have been a subscriber for over a year and just logged in last night and am enjoying this so much.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:42 PM

Judi

I have seen the lone star finished with friendship stars for the border that are very pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:03 PM

judi, there are so many things you could do.   just leave it like it is, and add some matching pillow shams.     do a row of small stars.   do a row of triangles on point  that match your star,   applique a spray of flowers that match the colors.   i can picture so many things that would look good.    hope this helps.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 90
Judi replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 4:25 PM

Thank you for your input.  I am not sure that I know what friendship stars are though.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 90
Judi replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 4:27 PM

Thank you Gini for your input.  I think I like the idea of triangles on point, but may now have enough material left over to accomplish that.  I do plan to make another of the Lone Stars so I will keep that in mind.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use