Points 61,767

Welcome Beth.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 905
rubyluise replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:56 PM

Hi welcome to this forum. I am happy to see you here. I would say that why don't you try to researching on Internet? I am sure you will get best  results regarding quilter.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 2:17 AM

So Glad you decided to jump in the fray!  I live in Ellijay, Ga. in the Mountains. But, DH and I want to come to Charleston someday. I have a distant cousin who lives on an island off Charleston somewhere. She does not quilt though. Is elderly and just drinks. Sorry. TMI Oh, OK I just thought of it Merrel's Inlet.

If you have been reading the off topic forums, you know we are a sisterhood. Support each other in bad times, cry with each other in sad time, and celebrate with each other in good times. Quilt tips galore. So, speak up, girl friend.

Oh, and and in saying we take care of each other, Joyce, where have you been?

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

On this site, everyone is local!!  Welcome and enjoy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:49 AM

Welcome, Joyce.  Glad to have you onboard.  I'm in Nevada, just recovering from a sand/dust storm and 70 mph winds.  Lost a tree in the storm and was without power most of the day yesterday.  This is a great group...tomorrow I'm going to meet my first QCA friend, Marge P.  She called me yesterday and we're going to meet for coffee on her way back home from a trip.  I am so excited!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:52 AM

Oops, I meant to say Welcome, Beth.  My mind is a little foggy this morning.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:56 AM

Hi Beth and Welcome.   Myrtle Beach, SC is great and there are a couple nice fabric shops in the area.  I have a good friend who lives in Murrell's Inlet and I come over to visit as often as I can.  Maybe you could make an inquiry at the local fabric shops and ask about any quilters who might be available to meet in the evenings for quilting.  See if the shops have a "Sit and Sew" in the evenings.  Anything similar to that.   Just meeting other quilters and getting to know them and maybe start your own little evening group.  Even if it's only 2 or 3 people at a time.   Nice way to expand your horizons.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:10 PM

Beth D:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!  Like I said before, this is a great group!! 

I will be chatting more and posting pictures soon.  I've only been quilting for about 3 years, so I wouldn't say my skill level is very high, but I enjoy it so much.  I am trying to like scrap quilts - trying because I am very organized and like structure, so I'm using scrap quilts to "get over it".  lol

Thanks again to all! {{hugs}}

I'll add my warm Welcome hug to the line!

Check out the groups--Nana has a wonderful group for Scrap Happy.  We just started a new one last Friday and will start up another one in July.  I'm trying really hard to let go of the control and let them just happen.  But my stash isn't the least bit organized, so I found myself buying for the one we are doing now.  But it's still so much fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Hi Beth! Welcome to the club! As it's been stated before, we have members everywhere so before long you'll find a 'quilt buddy'. I just joined in February and I even found a quilt buddy. In fact, I know there's a couple more ladies in the Chi-town area, so I'm hoping to start a group in our area. Just keep asking! I'd say your on the right track by posting this. Good luck!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 1:50 PM

Welcome Beth! 

I don't post much to the sites (usually when I steal time while at work!) but am a regular reader and I have to agree that the group is great!  Reading the encouraging words of everyone often helps me along the way - quilting and otherwise.  I've never been to Myrtle Beach but want to visit - Did you move there for work?  We are starting to think about winter retirement homes (though with the economy not sure that retirement will ever get here!) and have talked about the Myrtle Beach area - just want to get away from the Chicago winters!  Enjoy your time here Beth!

ChicagoSinger - I am also in the Chicago area and would be game for setting something up - the guild I am in is good but huge!  As someone else noted here - ya never know who you might meet or where that could lead - maybe a trip to Myrtle Beach someday!

Everyone enjoy the day!

Margaret

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,043
Points 19,980

From one Beth to another --- Welcome

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use