Top 10 Posters

Best batting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 80
Sbitner posted on Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:51 PM

I used 100 percent ployester on my first quilt. It puckered some, and it's too war for a year round quilt. Any suggestions on which batting to use for my next one? I want to keep shrinkage to a minimum. I'm thinking 100 percent cotton will shrink, but I hear it's best for a year round quilt.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,690 Posts
Points 120,870

Sbitner. Myself I like the shrinkage. It gives my quilts a cozy, antique look. But not everyone wants that look so you could use Quilters Dream Batting. I belive it shrinks very little.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Sbitner ,I use Dream Green It is made from recylced soda bottles and quilts well ,washes up great and I've never had it shrink on me, ,and it really is green.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 9:37 PM

Sbitner

I really love Quilter's Dream batting and I have used all of their different lines.   Their 100% cotton does shrink a little but it feels great.  It feels like a really soft piece of fleece.   Their Dream Green that Barbara mentioned is also very nice and drapes beautifully.   I have also used their bamboo/silk combination that also works up beautifully.   The cotton, green, and bamboo are all a lighter weight batting and should be great for a year round quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:57 PM

I have also found 100% cotton batting to be the best. It looks fantastic and feels great! I like Warm & Natural and Quilter's Dream. JoAnn's just came out with a new 100% cotton batting. I am not sure of the name but its fantastic!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:40 AM

Joy

I tried the one at JoAnn's too.  I think it is Rose something....not sure but it is a good batting.  Very soft.  I have found that I really prefer the battings that feel like fleece.  They just seem to drape better.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Sbitner,

I use Quilter's Dream and love it! Shrinkage is only about 2-3 %  That is almost the same shrinkage as 100%  cotton fabric. If you prewash your fabric then you should also prewash your batting (on delicate) and dry the same as your fabric.

Hope this helps,

Judylee

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use