Long Arm

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 365
roxielarson Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:19 PM

Hi all. I am the gal that has the Youth Quilt  group (The Seam Rippers)  in Utah. Can anyone suggest a long arm that would be easy for the girls to use but won't cost me a fortune. We are going to be doing charity quilts in the future and just thought I would start looking around. I appreciate any help that you can give. Have a wonderful day.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:22 PM

Roxie

All the long arms that I priced started about $12,000 and went up from there.  KenQuilt has a couple of mid arms that start at about $5000.  You should also try ebay.  If you would be interested in using a Juki or Janome on a Gracie frame ebay has them starting at about $1200.  Hope this helps a little.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864

I have a TinLizzie18 LS (Lizzie Stitch)...it was about 7k (I got it for just under 6k)... and it's great.  that's the frame and everything.  Excellent machine & if you check my blog, you will see two of my grand nieces using the machine.  The 9 year old even learned quickly how to pull up the bobbin thread...how to start & stop...

I know a person who has one still in the box...and is asking under 5k, including shipping.  If you join the yahoo group called Tinlizzie18... you will find her there. 

Nustyle makes a good machine also.   Oh, the older TL18 (no lizzie stitch)...is about 4k all inclusive...might be the way to go.

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I don't have a long arm and have no desire to have one, but I'm curious - Marge, what is a lizzie stitch?

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864

It's the Tin Lizzie brand of stitch regulator.  I can choose to quilt in manual mode...in which I set the SPEED I want to quilt in...and it's up to me to either slow up my movements or speed them to keep the stitches the same size.  The machine is stitching continually, until I hit the stop button.

In regulated (LS mode) mode, I set the dial to the length of stitch I want & the machine slows down or speeds up to keep the stitches uniform.  The machine only stitches when I move the machine...when I stop, the stitching stops.  This is the mode I had my great nieces use...they loved it! (so do I).

Marge

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use