Quilts for Foster Kids Who Need a Little Love

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 155
quiltbyassociation Posted: Sun, Mar 18 2012 9:11 PM

I’m starting a quilting project, and I would like to invite you to join me. That's why I call it Quilt By Association. 

The purpose is to provide quilts for foster children who need some love.  

The first quilt will be for a Rhode Island teen name Shique (pronounced she-kway). She loves animals and reading, especially poetry. She does a lot of crafts and has a deep interest in Native American culture. She is struggling right now to finish school, and she needs a lift to her spirits. 

If you (and/or your friends) would send in one 8 ½ inch square, we’ll have a quilt in no time. It’s like a chain letter only better. The 8 ½ inch square can be plain, or you can add your own special touches to it—anything you think would make it more beautiful.  I’ll put all the pieces together and post a picture of the finished quilt on Twitter (@quiltbyassociation) and at http://quiltbyassociation.wordpress.com. 

For Shique, let’s aim for earth colors, picking up the Native American theme.

Send your squares to: 

PO Box 541841

Houston TX 77254

Thanks!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 10:42 PM

GBA,I think I can work up a 8" block ,I see what I can do ,sounds llike a worthy cause. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 390

hey gba,iam in  but what i need to know is do you wnt a quilt blk or do you want 8.5 charm blk i have some NA fabric,where i made a indian mama quilt, i was born in ft.worth but i live in ky.my father was cherokee and my dads mother ived on the res, in n.c and i would go spend summers on the res,let me know

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use