Top 10 Posters

Help! I Need an easy quilt pattern for 6 1/2 inch squares in bright colors

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 190
looweez posted on Sat, Mar 17 2012 3:10 PM

I have 12 printed squares, 6 1/2 inches,  with sort of astrological pictures, in bright colors of yellows, blues, purples, mauves etc.    I want to make a queen-size quilt using these squares but am having problems coming up with a pattern to incorporate them.  I thought of trip around the world, but I thought the squares would be too big.  I have several pieces of fabric in matching colors (I bet my stash is bigger than your stash lol!)  Does anyone have a suggestion?  I want to use at least 4 or 5 solid colors and a stripe in co-ordinating colors.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 310
Verified by looweez

Looweez,

I personally think I would use a spiral or a star design.  the one below (a string quilt block) can be found at:   http://www.quilterscache.com/S/StringQuiltBlock.html

QuiltersCache.com has some of the most wonderful designs and they are all FREE!!!

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Congrats Looweez, come play in our play ground!

Judylee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 9:21 AM

I would use a star block too. It just seems to go with the astrological theme. You could make them in 2 different colorways to incorporate all the solid colors you want to use.

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 190
looweez replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 11:49 AM

A star would really complement the pics.  Would post a scanned pic but don't know how lol.  Would need some kind of a star with a 6" square in the center...........hmmm thinking lol.  Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use