Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 1,980
Kate Posted: Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:53 PM

I find my ironing board and work area around my cutting board and sewing machine get regularly covered with loose bits of thread and shreds of fabric which I end up constantly picking off of everything I'm working on.  Now I keep a sticky-paper lint roller next to my machine and every now and then run it over the ironing board and the fleece-covered part of my work table, ( I find a thin layer of fleece on one part of my table is great for holding worked pieces still and stops them slipping around.) The lint roller helps me to tidy up quickly. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:58 PM

Great tip, Kate.  Thanks!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:00 PM

good idea kate,   i have a lint roller, but i can never find it when i need it.  somehow it made it's way to my house.  i can't tell you how much time i've wasted looking for it in my studio.   i like the tip about having a little piece of flannel by your cutting area.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 1,980
Kate replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:48 PM

Hello gini, - that's why I like the sticky-paper version, I whack it down on the fleece and it's stuck and can't roll off either so I don't lose it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Gini, this is a great tip, I heard or read the flannel part some yearss ago and put that in place next to my machine when doing embroidery as there are always tiny bits of thread to clip off after the item is done. I am going to buy a roller and place that somewhere close to the ironing board. Thanks for the tips.  
Kate, another good point with the sticky one is that you can just peel off the old page.. LOL
Carylanne
in Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 7:18 AM

Kate ,these are great tips thanks . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use