Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 5 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,337
Points 38,865
Mimi replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:38 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):
did substitute teaching for a while after moving to Georgia

Oh you dear dear woman.  Bless you.  I did substituting work for about two years before I got a temporary contract. (It's now permanent.)  I know exactly what you mean.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 154
Points 2,070
Gina C replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 4:35 PM

Count me in.  I really enjoyed the MQ5, which was the first one for me.  Looking forward to trying the next one. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Perfect (almost) timing! MQV was my very first MQ and I loved it.  Just two weeks ago got the quilt back from my local longarmer and shipped it off to my granddaughter.  It turned out gorgeous!  I'm ready for a Scrappy MQ 'cause I have TUBS of strips and eights and scraps and stuff....   I'll end up being a little behind as I'm spending 2 weeks in May with my daughter and granddaughters in PA.  But, I should have my current Twisted Nine quilt done before then, so ....YEAH!!!!

Debra

Dancing with Border Collies in Davis, CA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Looking forward to the mystery quilt.  Any chance that your last name is Hayes?  Sandy Hayes was a Needle Benders quilt guild member in Lakeland FL. 

Sue Jackson

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,406
Points 61,965
Bonita replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 6:42 PM

Oh wow another mystery, I just love doing these quilts that I never get them quilted so they never leave home. As slow as I quilt they may here a loooong time.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 6:56 PM

Sandy H.:

I'm running a little behind this year (too many projects with a deadline and not enough time) so I will not be posting fabric requirements until March 30th.  You will then have 2-3 weeks to gather your fabrics before the first step is posted,

Time sure flys.  I just stumbled upon this tonight.  I remember you saying MQ VI was to start in April..........and April is nearly here!  You are giving me just enough time to get home from our trip to Texas before I need to raid the stash.  Of course I will do this quilt even though I haven't quilted MQ V yet.  Our grandson is back from Iraq, but we haven't seen him yet since last April at his brother's wedding.  He may get it late because I will not be able to quilt it until early summer - too much on my plate right now.  I need to TRY to get about 20 wheelchair quilts quilted before we leave for Texas on the 10th of April.  After they are quilted and bound, I will be able to play again.  I need to get quilting instead of reading and typing as I have today!  My project doesn't have a "deadline" as yours do, but I had planned to have them done 6 months ago - Life got in the way as usual.

I am anxious to start a new mystery!  It is fun to see  what everyone comes up with.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 7:46 PM

Marge and Mimi, I also did some supply teaching and hated every minute of it.  Waiting for the phone call was the worst.  I love working with the Life Skills teens.  It is the regular ones I don't get.  Why be so mean to someone else because they are not dressed the same, think differently, or don't party as much?  And that is not counting the drugs and sex crisis every day or so.  If I didn't have a good sense of humor I think I would be banging my head against the wall!!

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
pm77 replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:10 PM

I am new to the MQ. But I think I will try this one.  I love Missouri Star Quilts.  I'm a new quilter and I read lots of posts but never write any.  Maybe it is time to change.

In my little corner of the world, Northwest Arkansas.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:43 PM

I just visited the Missouri Star Quilts website to see if I could get a sense of what type of quilts they do.  Didn't help - MQ6 is still a mystery.  LOL

BUT I did find out that they have their own quilters forum.  Do any of you write to that one in addition to QCA?

AND I saw that they feature a daily deal.  Does anyone know what time of day the deal is first posted?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 290
skporto replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 9:20 PM

Yea, I am excited please sign me up

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 9:33 PM

Texas Granny, no need to sign up.  Keep watching this spot and on March 30, Sandy will post the fabric requirements.  Glad you'll be joining us!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:43 PM

Nancy it is usally posted very early , and sells out fast ,so if you want to get in on the MSQC deals you gotta get there early ,I have pruchased several of the charm pack and they are wonderful . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,490
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:42 PM

MNnancy:

AND I saw that they feature a daily deal.  Does anyone know what time of day the deal is first posted?

Nancy,  it says at the top of the page it posts at midnight CST  http://www.missouriquiltco.com/deal-a-day/  ... are you a night owl??

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 555
Patty replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:52 AM

I've not done one of these before.  I am looking forward to cleaning out my stash!

Patty

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 585

I love scrappy quilts, do you need any tools, special rulers etc. I haven't done one of your MQ's before. Sign me up!!

Page 5 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use