Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 49 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 945
Teresa replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:13 PM

jeanne seen you are from missouri. last oct. my husband and I went to a family reunion in OKC and then to brandson missouri .this 1929 singer came from texas to OKC went to brandson MS and back to NC.  this is one special machine for my granddaugther one day.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:17 PM

Cindi:

Well I'm going to be totally behind for a couple of more weeks.  I have the fabric, but it isn't cut yet and I'm not seeing me getting to cut it until next week at the earliest.  :-(

I'll be with you CIndi.  I haven't even had a chance to look through my stash and choose my fabrics yet.  No biggie.  It will still be a fun project I'm sure.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:18 PM

Jan, the Calico Quilter:
 However, a few days ago I blogged about the ugliest fabric I ever bought, and it got me to thinking.  What if I built the mystery around that fabric?

Jan, good for you!  I look forward to seeing how your ugly fabric transforms!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:27 PM

I got half my blocks done.  I have to admit that a few duplicates snuck in.  It is next to impossible to filter out only one of each fabric so I decided that is not a big deal.  I didn't try to do any matchy matchy.  Just sewed whatever came next. 

I need to stop for now.  For some reason I agreed to have a date night with my husband on Fridays...EVERY Friday.  Seems extreme but you have to sacrifice sometimes for the ones you love!  LOL

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,800
Points 67,535
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:40 PM

Wow half way thru already and your blocks look great.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Well, here's a couple of 4 square blocks that I already have done. These are with the bittersweet kit.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

The blocks I picked out the fabrics randomly. This is what I got so far still have about 75 more blocks to do. "Took a break for dinner now time to get back to sewing machine for more blocks.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:23 PM

Pat Badder:

Well, here's a couple of 4 square blocks that I already have done. These are with the bittersweet kit.

Looks like my sewing room!  I've been piecing the same fabrics today.  It will be interesting to see how different all of the quilts in the Bittersweet fabrics turn out.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 2,395

Yay!  I've just finished step 1.  Those four patches didn't take too long.  And, in addition to sewing what else did I get done today?  I wrapped, boxed and mailed a birthday gift to my sister-in-law (yep, it's a quilt!), met with a painting contractor for an estimate, got a haircut, dropped off donated cat foot at the animal shelter, picked up my new eyeglasses, cooked supper and washed the dishes.  Oh, and called two more painters to arrange for estimates.  Plus, I cut out the pieces for a lap quilt that will be made with the jelly roll and yardage that I initially intended to use for the mystery.  Whew!  No wonder I'm tired.  I hope there's something good on TV tonight, because I'm bound for the couch.  How was your day?

Jan in TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,800
Points 67,535
Bonita replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:52 PM

Pat, that's going to be real pretty, love the purple floral.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:58 PM

Wow Jan I am jealous that you get to stay at home and do all those things.  I work as a server and didnt get home till a bit ago.  Gonna have dinner the start on my squares.  I am off tomorrow though so I hope to get a lot accomplished.  I will be so glad to get my daughter out of that private college so I can afford to retire, for the second time.  All I want to do is quilt, quilt, quilt.  I have only been quilting for about a year now and didnt know that it was so addicting.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Points 2,665

I am finally going to get started on my 4 patch. I have been so busy  teaching a friend how to make her first quilt. She came to my sewing room so we have spent the last week shopping. She didn't even have a sewing machine. Now I have to do a little rearanging in my sewing room so she can come sew with me as she needs a LOT of hands on help. It has been fun having someone become as addicted to quilting  soooo fast as I have been for years. It has  been so much fun. She is going to join QCA also. Now to lay out my squares. I am such a control freak and I like some of the colors better so it will be difficult to get a mix that I like. I am just going to have to get out  of my box. lol  I am glad to see your layout Pat as I have the same fabric.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,475
Helen replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:31 PM

Pat your colors are beautiful! 

Tweety2911 Helen

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,475
Helen replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:32 PM

Jeanine you are fast!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:40 PM

Against my better judgement, I bought some fabric for my MQ6 today.  I have had this black material for a long time, not sure what to do with it, and I got a lot of it.  Regular black background, but printed on it hare these fireworks, that sparkle and change color as you move them in the light.  I forget what that is called.  I remember back in MQ1, someone made a beautiful quilt with a black background with bright fabrics for the rest of it.  It was stunning.

Well, I got my brights today.  I tried to get all the colors in those fireworks, so it is going to be very, very colorful.  Here's the fabrics. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 95
Page 49 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use