Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 25 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

MNnancy:

Pat B,

You may want to post your question to Sandy over in the "Group" discussion.  She looks for questions there more frequently than she checks this particular thread.  The link is HERE.  You may need to "join" the group first if you haven't already done so.

Thanks Nancy will do.

Pat B from Sunny Southern California

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 11:08 PM

ok,

Here is my choice in fabric.  The checkard will be the back, the strip is the binding, and the floral is  the border.

The solid green is the background.

• | Post Points: 140
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 11:13 PM

Beautiful! That will be cool I bet! :) 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 255
Serina replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 11:15 PM

I am pretty new to quilting, haven't even developed my stash yet (well, much of one anyways!)... I've gotten fairly proficient at cuttings (with several painful lessons using my rotary cutter...), 1/4" seams and pressing (finally realized there is a difference between pressing and ironing! I am excited to try this quilt, I hope it is as easy as they say!  Since I don't have a stash, I get to Buy new fabric (yeah!!!). I did look at the lovely fabric as part of the kit, but isn't colors that are my favorite! 

Since I am finally going to make something for me, I want to use my favorite colors pink, brown and turquoise. Any suggestions as to fabric? I will make a trip to JoAnne's once I get back to Ohio, in AZ this week (travel for Job).

Happy quilting!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:04 AM

MNnancy:
Of all her mice, there is one she plays with every evening after the dog has gone to bed.

LOL - that is really fun to visualize her and her antics, especially with the mouse ending up in the water bowl.  Yes, animals are very funny and we love them to pieces.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:25 AM

Wendy :
Here is my choice in fabric.

Very pretty fabrics, Wendy.  I love that border print and the binding goes so well with it.  Did you cut about the same number of squares from each color?  I haven't  picked out all my fabrics and am still trying to figure out if I want to go with the full 40 different or have less variety and more of each. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Nice fabrics, Wendy!  I have to get myself out there and start looking for fabric.  I have a decent stash but nothing that hits me as "right" for this project.  Heading to the local quilt shop tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:20 AM

I just ordered my kit from Missouri Star also but haven't rec'd it yet. Can't wait. But will be going to VA Beach Retreat so I will be a little behind! Like lots! LOL  Can't wait to catch up though. Its my first mystery quilt. I am so excited.

Marlene

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:24 AM

Serina:
in AZ this week (travel for Job).

Serina

If you travel to AZ, we have some very nice quilt shops here. One of the largest here is 35thave Sew and Vac located at 35th ave and Northern in Phoenix, and one at Ray rd and Rural in Chandler. They have a sale area and also specials like 30% off bartiks etc  MY store in chandler has a nice clearnance area of 40% fabrics.  It is definitively worth a visit becuz you get quilt shop fabrics.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:31 AM

Kathy, I hope you can join in. I just sent for my fabric so you gotta get me company.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 8:36 AM

Nana:
If you are anything like me once you get into quilting you won't want to sew clothing anymore.

I agree, Nana.  I have no interest in garment sewing anymore unless it's Halloween costumes for the grandkids.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 8:37 AM

Wendy :

ok,

Here is my choice in fabric.  The checkard will be the back, the strip is the binding, and the floral is  the border.

The solid green is the background.

I think this is going to a beautiful quilt.  I haven't even got my fabric that I ordered yet...but I'm going mine in batiks, I think.  If it doesn't arrive soon, I've got a couple other jelly rolls that I might try.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 8:41 AM

Nice fabric choices, Wendy.  It's going to be fun seeing everyone's finished quilts.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 570
Donna replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 9:27 AM

How many strips are in a jelly roll (how many are needed for the MQ6 project?  Is it 20 strips or 40?  I see you can purchase both, but not sure if 20 is enough to make the amount of 2-1/2" squares needed.  Thanks.  I have never purchased Jelly Rolls before. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 9,320

I measure a jelly roll at 40 usefull inches - giving 16) 2.5" squares.  I believe it's about 40 strips you need.  I also think you get 20 in a set?

Margaret

Page 25 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use