Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 21 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,207 Replies | 110 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:20 PM

Finally managed a pic.  Sorry about the quality.  I've been really lazy lately and find it easier to use my cell for pics than hunt down the camera!

This is what I'm using so far.  The solid is the background and the one on the left will be both border and squares.  The top piece on the right is not searsucker even though it looks like it in the pic.  Just a funny illusion.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:22 PM

MNnancy:

Cindi:

Excuse the cat, she believes she owns the bed. 

OMG, how did Pickles get in your house???

Your cat is a dead ringer for mine!

MN Nancy, does your Pickles have the same bad attitude as my Hairwolf?  (long story about her name but it fits her to a T.  She graces the house with her hair and she's as vicious as a wolf.  You do not want on her bad side cause she NEVER forgets!)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:28 PM

Hi MNnancy and anyone else who's checking.  I have my 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch blocks cut and here they are!  The material at the top of the picture in the center will be my border fabric.  The other two pieces I'm considering for the background fabric.  Any thoughts?  I'm leaning toward the one on the left.  I'm not sure if it's subtle enough.  I'll have to think on it.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  My other option would be to buy a solid color, but that wouldn't work at reducing my stash.  I may have to call this one "Flower Garden".  We'll just have to wait and see where the "mystery" leads us!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:32 PM

I love your colors Cindi!  Very nice.  I made a quilt this past year using the same colors and I loved it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:37 PM

Hi rum.carola!  I'd like to hear the story behind that name!!  Do join in the fun.  It's my first attempt at a mystery quilt too and reading through the postings, there will be many first timers.  You just have to jump in with two feet and go for it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:43 PM

Cindy, I agree with MNnancy.  It does look like Pickles!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

dardar:
Just wondering about a finished size?

Dardar,

Finished size is 65" x 81".

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

Karen:
OMGosh, I need to find a jellyroll, and soon!!

Karen, I cut mine from charms because they were out of jelly rolls when I got my kit.  If I remember correctly, it was four pkgs of 5" charms.  I believe MSQ will substitute the charms if they have them.  Won't hurt to ask.

Southwest Florida

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 7,065
Mz M replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:10 PM

MNcarol, beautiful selection of fabrics! Like you I would select the fabric on the left for background. Your quilt is going to be awesome!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:23 PM

MNcarol:

Hi MNnancy and anyone else who's checking.  I have my 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 inch blocks cut and here they are!  The material at the top of the picture in the center will be my border fabric.  The other two pieces I'm considering for the background fabric.  Any thoughts?  I'm leaning toward the one on the left.  I'm not sure if it's subtle enough.  I'll have to think on it.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  My other option would be to buy a solid color, but that wouldn't work at reducing my stash.  I may have to call this one "Flower Garden".  We'll just have to wait and see where the "mystery" leads us!

Very pretty fabrics.  I agree with you, I like the one on the left.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 1,825

I think I'm going to try this one.  It will be my first Mystery quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:38 PM

MN Carol, I had to go away and come back and look a second time, but I think you are right to go with the fabric on the left.  I think the one on the right will clash with some of your lighter squares.  Plus I just like the stronger pattern of the one on the left.  :D

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

It sure is beautiful!  Makes me want to do one.  Love the border on that one.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 2,170
Jeanne replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:46 PM

Is it to late for me to jump on this wagon?   Hope not!

Jeanne

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:49 PM

MNCarol,

Although I like the smaller print on the right. I like the colors of the other fabric on the left. I would think a smsller print that reads solid may work better as a background fabric but I tend to live more in the box. 

Page 21 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.