Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 19 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 11:11 AM

Just wondering about a finished size? I want to make this for my son who likes a more contemporary style, so I want to use blues/gray/and maybe black. Should I stick with a contrast for the background? And wondering would it be easy to make extra blocks and enlarge it? (I want at least a double bed size). T hanks. This is my second mystery quilt. I can't wait.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I would like to start this MQ6. 

sewingshark

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 11:18 AM

This will only be my second mystery quilt and am looking forward to the fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 11:19 AM

mars92:

Hi everyone.

I 'm Marlene. This will be my first mystery. so be gentle with me. : ) I just ordered the kit from Missouri Star and now has to wait for that.

I think I shall try and Talk Maggie into joining this also. She needs more to do>> LOL Truly she does. LOL

Hugs

Marlene

You are one funny lady!   Still thinkikng about it but have to see what I can re-arrange.   Marlene you are such an enabler!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:11 PM

Maggie

You better watch out for Marlene.  Before you know it you will be buried in fabric and projects and not get any of them finished....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35

i would love to join the mystrey quilt group. could a beginner do the quilt

or is it to defecult??? waiting to hear back thanks Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:22 PM

Carol

All of our Mystery Quilts are geared toward the beginner.  None of the techniques are truly difficult and there is always someone that can answer questions for you.   I think you would have fun and meet lots of friendly people.

If you go to your home page and look in the left hand column you will see a listing for Mystery Quilt Workshop 6.  Click on this and it will take you to the page with the info as well as a link for the Mystery Quilt group.  The group section is where you go to ask questions and get help.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,690
Sylvia replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:25 PM

Yay!!  I am so excited.  Another Mystery Quilt.  Thanks Sandy for being our Moderator and bringing another MQ.

Now April 20th needs to hurry up and get here.  LOL!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:33 PM

Nice mix of batiks!  It should be pretty.  What's your background fabric going to be?

I've made one batik quilt and love it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Claudia. Welcome to our group. It is so exciting to have quilters from all over the world. I visited your blog.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:37 PM

So Nancy, have you got your fabrics chosen yet from your stash or are you buying new.... in Virginia Beach maybe?  I think I'll go from my stash since it's overflowing the closet!  We'll see.  I like the fabric offered by Missouri Quilt Shop.  Looking at their picture gives an idea of fabric choses and a place to start from.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 1,170
Gagoo replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:42 PM

I LOVE mystery quilts, although I have only finished (batting, backing, quilting) 2 of them. Maybe i should spend the next 2 weeks getting those done.

heehee

Quilty hugs,

Gagoo

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:55 PM

Thanks all!

The border is one fabric.

The cat loves the quilt, but she looking down at one of the other cats, trying to ward him off.  It's HER quilt and she didn't want him up.  She slapped him around several times but eventually gave up because he was sneaky and learned to wait until she fell asleep.

Jeanine, 628, wow!!  I'm not sure I have that many different fabrics in my whole house!  I can see my kids holding up their shirts wondering why a square had been cut from the hem as I tried to find enough different fabrics. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

My goodness, I am behind, I thought I would check in today but there are already 19 pages of messages.  I don't know if I can keep up with you guys LOL.  I will give it a gallant try though.  I am almost finished quilting MQ4 and have MQ5 sandwiched so guess it is time to start on MQ6

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:17 PM

Carol:
MnNancy - love your new avatar, cute!

Thanks, Carol.  I feel the need to change mine from time to time so I don't get bored with myself.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 19 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use