Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 181 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 179 180 181 182 183 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 275
Cheryl D replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:55 AM

J-Line

Love your colors. This is really going to be hard to vote for the viewers choice.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:35 PM

I love how everyone's quilts are coming out, and all the variations.  I just got my blocks up on the wall, and discovered I still need more of the outside blocks for the body of the quilt itself.  Unless I stashed them somewhere and forgot where I put them. Maybe I will clean my sewing room first before cutting more fabric.   At least the good news it that I have plenty of background fabric, but looks like I will use up every scrap of the other fabrics.  Glad I got extra. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

Patti,

I misplaced some background blocks too.  Cut more, and later found the first batch so I used them in my border.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:45 PM

Jean

Really pretty.  I love your borders.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

patanne:

I don"t have the borders on yet but I just wanted to share that the solid fabrics I used are hand dyed cotton made by a local fabric artist and sold in my neighborhood quilt shop! This was the perfect project to showcase them!

Patricia, Langley BC Canada.

The hand dyed fabrics look luscious Patricia.  I want to see those colors piled high on an ice cream cone .. lol

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

J_Line:

There is my MQ. I love this pattern, easy and quick.

Bright and cheerful .. very nice looking quilt.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Pearl:

Love your colors Pearl.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Each and every version is bright and delicious.  You are all to be congratulated on an effort well spent.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

eddie:

My baby quilt top with two color background

Lucky baby!  I've got two colors in my background also, but they're randomly placed (didn't have enough of either one to use a single color .. lol)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Karla:

Here's mine....

Great job Karla.  The border fabric is perfect.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Jean in MN:

Very creative use of your extra blocks Jean.  Lovely quilt.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Wow Ladies!  So many beautiful MQ6 quilts!!  I was going to start sewing mine, but spent the afternoon working on an applique block for a Round Robin swap.  Need to finish it by my next quilt retreat at the end of June. If I don't have time to start sewing my MQ6 before then I plan to work on it at my retreat. I have all my 2 1/2" strips cut to make the 4 patches and still need to cut some more background squares. Seeing everyone's finished quilts really inspires me to get working on mine!  

Thanks for the inspirations!! 

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:21 AM

Whew...got my borders on my quilt last night.  I'm exhausted today. but with a feeling of accomplishment.  Here it is...ready for the LA in a couple weeks.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:36 AM

Susie

Your quilt is beautiful.  Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:11 AM

So many beautiful scrappy quilts!  The border variations are great!  This is going to be a tough decision come voting time.  Great job, everyone!

I finally pulled my fabrics together,so obviously am not aiming to make the voting deadline.  I'm using a strip set called "Crayon Brights" from Keepsake Quilting. I was a little concerned about the large scale prints on some of the strips, but I see from MMM's quilt that bigger prints work just fine.  I found "Grow with Me" polka dots by Moda for the background.  This is next on my to-do list (unless I wait for the fall MQ to see if it utilizes a jelly roll - hmmmm)  I thought it would make a cute kids charity quilt using this MQ pattern, and now I'll have some pretty border options to choose from.  Thanks!  :-)   I also like the idea of sewing strip sets before cutting the squares.  Thanks to the quilter who suggested that.

Keep those pictures coming!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 80
Page 181 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 179 180 181 182 183 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use