Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 178 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 176 177 178 179 180 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:14 PM

Ms Moonmist I love your quilt, so bright. I like mine alot but I think you have my vote for best. Thanks for sharing your photo.

Linda

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:22 PM

Patricia, Really like those colors. Can't wait to see the borders. Great job.

Linda

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:37 PM

okay it isnt a quilt but I am just a proud momma!

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,055
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:08 AM

gini:
kisses and hug",                          kinda big oops in the corner

Very pretty, Gini.  Love your interpretation and the name.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,055
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:18 AM

Mighty good looking young man that you have there, Walla2butterfly.  Congratulations to him!   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,055
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:32 AM

I love the colors in your quilt Patricia.  Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:22 AM

Gini, I love your "Hug and Kisses", good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:24 AM

Patricia, it's nice of you to support a local artist, your quilt is lovely.  The colors are so pretty.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,598
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:26 AM

Tami, congrats to a very handsome young man.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:26 AM

Tami, you should be proud, that's a big deal for you both.Liking the beads around his neck.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:57 AM

I really love the variety of beautiful quilts everyone has posted.  I am hoping to have mine done in time to post.  I am getting the last two rows on today, and then I hope to be quick on the border.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

I've been busy with the pieced borders on my Mystery Quilt, but took time out to go to the huge Book Sale which raises money for our local Police Crime Prevention group.  They have quite a few back issues of quilting magazines from the last 20 years or so.  If anyone is looking for a specific issue, let me know by this Thursday (June 8th, 2012) and I'll look for you.  (I'll take any excuse to go back to the book sale!  lol)

Jean

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

Thanks Bonita, Silverfox and Ginny. I love the pic and how it turned out. It was posed I just asked him to look over here while he was in line. As for the beads, his aunt gave them to him just that day. She had just returned from a 3 week stay in hawaii. Her son has lived there for getting close to ten years. He was in the Navy and then married a local girl, has been going to school there and will recieve his master in electrical engineer in Dec. I guess when the graduate over there they pile on the lei' so thick you can hardly see.

Love everyone's quilts, especially the praire points. lots of work in that

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,534
gini replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 9:22 AM

tami what a good looking son, tell him congtatulations on graduating

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:50 AM

I'm a little behind on my quilt.  It has rested in the assembled but no border stage for over a week.  I wanted to finish it for sure this weekend, but life got in the way as usual.  Spent the whole week last week on the road hauling cattle and horses all over Western NY and PA.  I did bind a quilt and make a few of my final Farmer's Wife Quilt blocks in the truck, but couldn't do anything by machine.  Yesterday I planned to sew, but Rich's sister and her husband came and we took his mother out to eat and had a long chat session about the "good old days" with them.  Most of it was before my time, but his mother was able to follow along with the conversation - something unusual now.  We really had a good time with them, so will have to finish quilt today or tomorrow.  (I actually get a day off but have had about 8 calls from Rich so far!) - have only gotten time to measure for the borders.

I spent last night trying to piece 1 yard of fabric to make the borders for MQ 6.  I had to match the pattern to make up the length for the quilt.  Got the strips sewn together and the pattern matched well.  I wanted to miter the corners, but lack enough fabric, so will try to design something for the corners to tie it together.  Ideas for the corners are swirling in my mind right now, but haven't settled into something definite yet.  Will try to take pictures of this "monster" when I can find a place to hang it - probably outside if the rain stops - - - - My floors aren't big enough.  I made it longer to fit a college dorm bed and it probably will turn out to be about 110" long.  I tried the quilt top on our long queen bed and the length looks like it will be just right to cover the bed and even cover the pillow if they want to use it that way.  Our room is so small that it will be impossible to take a picture there.  We have a nearly wall-to-wall bed!  Our bedrdoom is an old converted porch which was really too narrow for a bedroom, but Rich liked the windows for air at night.  Lots better than the hot upstairs in the summer.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Page 178 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 176 177 178 179 180 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use