Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 173 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

I loved making this quilt!  Lots of warm fuzzy attached.

Dorothy lovely quilt and I'm sure your Grand daughter will love and cherish it.

Pat B Southern California

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

Dara Beth love the way your quilt from Kit ended up. Really lovely

Pat B from Southern California

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

Sheila this quilt is really bright and colorful. Love this one.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

Ladies I'm looking for help hopefully someone can give me ideas. My granddaughter is going to be 21 years old in July. I am going to make her a quilt, and I found out the colors she wants are Black and Pink. She is into Rock  so I found 3 different types of material: The first one is Black with AC/DC written all over it in Pink, Second one is a Pink material with Skulls and wire on it, The Third one is a Black material with Pink Splatters all over it. Here is what I would like ideas on. I am looking for some type of pattern I can do that the first and second fabric will stand out. Can anyone help me with ideas of a pattern, or maybe have one that they can send me to do. Her Birthday is July 16th and I would like to have this done in time to give her for her Birthday. I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter. Thank You all in advance.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895

did you buy the fabric yet? if so could you post a pic for a better idea of it

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 6:04 PM

Pat,

My niece is going to college in the fall and she also asked for a quilt with the colors pink, black and white.  She requested animal prints.  This is the design I found by putting pink and black quilt in a search engine and looking at images.

Good luck

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

walla2butterfly:

did you buy the fabric yet? if so could you post a pic for a better idea of it

Hi Tami,

I ordered material, but haven't received it yet should come in later this week. When it gets here I will take picture and post it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

I think Omar the tent maker has moved into my house!!!!  Still have a border to go on one side and hopefully will be able to post pictures tomorrow.  DH really likes it but it is certainly heavy even as just the top.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 270

Beautiful, love the colors

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 8:14 PM

Linda:

Very pretty Linda.  WTG!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 8:18 PM

walla2butterfly:

okay so I added an inner border using the scrap material that I orginally had hope to use for the border. Then I found more fabric at LQS, I am getting to be much happier with it now. I dont seem to get a picture that does it justice. And am thinking maybe I will add another border, so here it is so far... maybe done or may have more to go

Tami, I just love the sunflower border.  Can't get any better than yellow and butterflies LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 8:28 PM

I love looking at all of the beautiful quilt tops!  Way To Go Ladies!!!

I got my first set of borders finished yesterday.   I want to make it longer so I'm adding my next borders to the top & bottom only then the last border will go on all four sides.  But I need to get some more of my white on white background fabric before I can add the next sections. Hopefully I can get the extra fabric on Monday at lunch time.  I really want to get it done asap since it is a graduation present.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 10:20 PM

Pat Badder:

Ladies I'm looking for help hopefully someone can give me ideas. My granddaughter is going to be 21 years old in July. I am going to make her a quilt, and I found out the colors she wants are Black and Pink. She is into Rock  so I found 3 different types of material: The first one is Black with AC/DC written all over it in Pink, Second one is a Pink material with Skulls and wire on it, The Third one is a Black material with Pink Splatters all over it. Here is what I would like ideas on. I am looking for some type of pattern I can do that the first and second fabric will stand out. Can anyone help me with ideas of a pattern, or maybe have one that they can send me to do. Her Birthday is July 16th and I would like to have this done in time to give her for her Birthday. I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter. Thank You all in advance.

Pat - Take a look at Bright Tones on Jean's blog...it sounds like just what you are looking for...great quilt for 1 or 2 focus fabrics.  Looks like a quick easy quilt...here's the link to her blog...scroll down to the second entry on the page.

http://quiltawhile.blogspot.com/

I don't think Jean will mind that I passed the link on to you here since she originally posted it here for me when trying to decided on my nephew's quilt pattern.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

Renee:

Pat,

My niece is going to college in the fall and she also asked for a quilt with the colors pink, black and white.  She requested animal prints.  This is the design I found by putting pink and black quilt in a search engine and looking at images.

Good luck

Hi Renee,

Found the site you did this on and I think I found a pattern I'm going to use it's called the Contrary Wife Block and looking at what pattern looks like all three main materials will stand out and I will buy some Solid black and solid white materials to also use in block. Then decide on a border after blocks are put together.

Thanks for the info. Showed my boyfriend and he thought it would work too. So I think so far this is the one I'll go for unless something else catches my eye better than this one, but I don't think so.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915

didash:

Pat - Take a look at Bright Tones on Jean's blog...it sounds like just what you are looking for...great quilt for 1 or 2 focus fabrics.  Looks like a quick easy quilt...here's the link to her blog...scroll down to the second entry on the page.

Hi Didash,

I did check this one out and printed out the instructions for this one, but I think I found a pattern that I'm going to use that will bring out all three main fabrics that I purchased.. It is called the Contrary Wife's Block. And I liked the results after blocks were assembled.

Page 173 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use