Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 169 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 167 168 169 170 171 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Judy T-Bellingham:

This isn't a great photo but George and I had a hard time holding it up so it all shows. I had to set the camera on timer. Just try to get back before the thing flashes on your running butt!

I went off the grid and arranged the blocks differently and added some applique. I also added borders to make it queen size for our bed.

Named this one after my mom as she was on my mind the whole Memorial weekend while I was working on it. I call it Memories of Mama.  Mom loved to be part of whatever I was doing and, in her very quiet way, very free with suggestions.  I think she was sitting on my shoulder these past few days. I could almost hear her...... "Judy, you need to add another border. Now, why don't you put the blocks like so it would look so much better. Have you thought of just a bit more blue?".  Honestly, sometimes the feeling was so strong I had to stop and catch my breath and compose myself.  Dang, I miss that woman.

WOW! Judy--I love how your quilt turned out--I love the placement!!! It is a beautiful quilt! and how fitting to name it after your mom. It makes it even more special! Would you mind if I borrowed your beautiful idea for the placement when I put my quilt together?

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Everyone's finished Mystery quilt is so beautiful!  Each one looks so pretty and different.  I really like mystery quilts, especially when it comes to the "Big Reveal" time, when we all get to see the pretty results!!  Great work everyone!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,461
Points 116,580

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

Judy--I love how your quilt turned out--I love the placement!!! It is a beautiful quilt! and how fitting to name it after your mom. It makes it even more special! Would you mind if I borrowed your beautiful idea for the placement when I put my quilt together?

Thanks Karen, and everyone who commented on Memories of Mama. Karen, you go right ahead and use the layout, I don't mind a bit. But I have to warn you, you may sense my mother sitting on your shoulder and giving you instructions!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, May 30 2012 8:08 PM

Judy, your quilt is indeed very beautiful. 

I have finally finished all the blocks.  Now just need to put them together and add the border.  I think I will make it before deadline, maybe even this Friday.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 170

Really like your corner blocks!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 107
Points 1,555
Val replied on Wed, May 30 2012 8:35 PM

Judy-I really think your quilt is striking!  I like the way you improvised and put it together in a new way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Wed, May 30 2012 9:59 PM

WOW Sheila what a wonderful colorful quilt you have made!  Great job!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,669
Points 65,695
Bonita replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:56 PM

Cindi, your quilt is just beautiful. Makes me want to jump in the pool.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:59 PM

everyone's quilts are just lovely.

I wont get mine done in time for the judging, We are leaving on vacation on Saturday.  I will be home in time to vote however.

Look forward to seeing even more of them before  then.

God bless

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,669
Points 65,695
Bonita replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:59 PM

Sheila, that's an awesome quilt. Beautiful colors.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 31 2012 4:26 AM

Judy your quilt is great!  I'm getting ready to assemble mine and thought i'd take another look on site before i started.  Love the borders on yours.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, May 31 2012 10:31 AM

OH my - everyone's quilts are looking good.  I have been working on finishing mine but my DH has taken a "shine" to the quilt and wants for the bedroom so it has taken on a life of it's own and keeps growing!!!  With any luck today may be the day to finish :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, May 31 2012 11:44 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Just try to get back before the thing flashes on your running butt!

Wonderful quilt Judy T., nice thoughts about your mom and  to see your face made it into the picture.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, May 31 2012 11:50 AM

Great use of material Judy, it all fits together beautifully. I love the borders, so fitting for your scuba diving brother.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, May 31 2012 12:02 PM

MizPat:
He looks like he's watching you to see if you're going to make him get off "his" quilt

So right, MizPat, Tino's decided the quilt matches him and he's not going to let anything move him. This is our first puppy in 17 years, our darling Rocky passed on a couple of months ago, and we decided to take on a rescue puppy, Border Collie/Lab mix. It's quilte a challenge but worth it.

But we figured out the borders together and I finally finished yesterday once the rain started and I couldn't garden anymore. I also used the scrap hst's for 2" pinwheel blocks for the corner posts. I call it October Nights.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 169 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 167 168 169 170 171 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use