Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 140 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 138 139 140 141 142 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 3,140
Sheila replied on Tue, May 22 2012 10:41 PM

Hey Didash,

A real simple solution for covering up any not-so-perfect piecing...don't just stitch in the ditch, annihilate that ditch!  Just use a simple zigzag or some other decorative stitch and quilt all those ditches by driving over the top of them!  Puckers turn puny, folds are flattened, unmatched points are unseen, and it makes a nice pattern on the back of your quilt.  I use this quilting method a lot on customers quilts that are "imperfect" and they love the results! 

I know this aint proper quiltin' fare, but I won't tell the Quilt Police if you won't.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,450
Squareitup replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:21 PM

Sewing done on Step 5.  Have lots of threads to cut but have a few days to get them snipped.  And a couple of days to play with the squares to try to guess what Thursday night/Friday will bring.  (I'm west coast.)  

Square it Up, Las Vegas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:34 PM

I decided not to post any photos yet, but I have Step  5 finished now - had been out of town when I saw the step, so had to wait 'til I got home to do it, but caught up now, waiting to see that last step!  Now getting ready for the new scrap one, have the pieces ready to go!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:38 PM

Diane

Check out the new quilt we will be starting in the Scrap Happys group.   By using lots of darks ...blacks, browns, deep reds, maroons on a tan background would work beautifully and be masculine.   It will also be a easy beginner design that looks a little more  complicated.   I think you would have a good time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, May 22 2012 11:46 PM

Sheila - GREAT idea!!! Thanks! (And thanx for not telling the Quilt Police! LOL)

Nana - I joined the group earlier today...will be following along, however I'll not be making the quilt at this time. I've got 2 I'm working on and 2 on the drawing board that must be done soon plus a set of placemats that need to be quilted and finished. Don't have a stash to speak of and hubby will freak if I buy MORE fabric without getting the 2 on the drawing board done first! I sure wish I could fit a sewing machine on the boat when we leave in Oct.! I looked at a small, light one, but since we will be anchoring a lot, it would just be too much of a power draw :(

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Wed, May 23 2012 3:45 AM

Dara Beth wrote:

Diane I'm so glad you've decided to give it another go! 

I think I understand. And yes, nothing says you have to stitch in the ditch.  Often quilters will stitch just to the side of a seam. As long as you are consistent in what you do it will turn out great.   And yes we always want to see pictures. :-)

Dara Beth -

Here are the first 3 blocks of my niece's College Memories Quilt that I assembled and put together tonight.  It's a start.  Gonna be a bear to quilt - LOL!!

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 42
Points 1,360
Jim replied on Wed, May 23 2012 4:47 AM

Well, it's 2:45am, but I got all my Step 5 blocks done and all my blocks have been squared up.  Pretty sure I know how it's going to go together, and I think it's gonna be awesome.  I want to sew it together now, but will wait until the reveal on Friday.

Any of you out there late night quilters?  I find I do some of my best work when the rest of the world is sleeping.  Helps that I am sort of a night owl by nature.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 535
J_Line replied on Wed, May 23 2012 6:27 AM

Hello,

this is my first mq and I enjoy it a lot.
I love seeing all your beautiful photos.
Here are my squares. They are not perfect, oh no, but I'm not a computer, only a human being. LOL

Line in Switzerland

Line  in Switzerland

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
sokmom replied on Wed, May 23 2012 6:29 AM

Jim,

Thanks for a great tip!!  I am sure this will make my points more consistent.

Sokmom

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 6:33 AM

All I can say is, WOW!  I've been away from this thread for a little while and I am amazed once again at how different everyone's quilts look.  I love the color varieties.  I t seems like there are a ton of quilters participating in this one.  I love it, can't wait to see the end results.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:32 AM

Pat B, love Ying Yang!   Tell your boyfriend that the cat's gonna get his tongue.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:38 AM

Susie, I love this pattern and your fabrics are great, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:39 AM

Susie,

This 5 yard quilt is adorable!  Love all the colors, flowers and butterflies!

Pretty pretty!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 1,010

Finished Step Five on Patriotic and B&W quilts, choosing to not post pictures as I have them already placed in a design on my work walls. 

Page 140 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 138 139 140 141 142 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use