New Member here!

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Wow! You did that with a long arm? It is beautiful! Thanks for posting the picture!

Bow Down

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:12 PM

Welcome Matt.  Very impressive whole cloth quilt.  Is quilting mostly hobby or profession for you.  Do you and your wife have a website?  With 8 kids, how do you ever get on the computer?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:47 PM

Matthew Sparrow:

Here's a look at my first wholecloth. I took a WholeCloth Design Class with Karen McTavish in April at MQX.

Hi Matt.

What an outstanding job, the quilt is just stunning. How long have you been quilting and used the Long Arm?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:54 PM

Welcome to the group Matthew.  Beautiful work on the whole cloth quilt!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:59 PM

Anita:
How long have you been quilting and used the Long Arm?

Matt I would also like to know how long you've been doing this. I showed your quilt to my DH and he is very impressed and wanted to know more.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 3,945

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.  I love your quilt...awesome work!

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 8
Points 445

Thanks Patti.

Full time profession for me as a long arm quilter and becoming full time for my wife as she launches her pattern company and gets ready to open a quilt shop. My website is http://manquilter.com and my wife's is http://quiltcetera.com

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 8
Points 445

Here's a pic of the Fam this summer at the lake. Me ,wife, mom, dad our 8 kids and my niece on the far right :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,539
Points 416,934
gini replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:33 AM

matt, i looked through your gallery,   you are an incredible long armer.   you all should click on matt's web address and check it out.  

for any beginning quilters,  matt's wife offers a free  tutorial on beginning quilting, broken up into many lessons.  it is  a great resource.  click on matt's wife's web site.   thanks, matt,  for letting us in on your quilting.

you have a beautiful family.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 2:31 AM

Matthew Sparrow:

Here's a pic of the Fam this summer at the lake. Me ,wife, mom, dad our 8 kids and my niece on the far right :)

Beautiful family,Matt

I will check both websites

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 5:44 AM

Matt you have a beautiful family. Thanks for the photo.

I visited both websites. Your work is exquisite. I'm in awe. I don't think I will ever get to your level. 

Your wife's site it cool. I liked the tutorials..

Thanks again for sharing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Thanks, Matt, for the picture of your family and the links to your web sites. As others have said, you do beautiful work and your wife's website offers great information and patterns. While looking around your site, I went to the cost site. One of the pictures on that page is, I think, Blanket Toss. Did you quilt that one, too? It wasn't in your gallery.

Edit: Well, dang! I meant to add that you have a very nice looking family, too!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:32 PM

Matt

I checked out your website and I am speechless.  You do some awesome quilting.  I hope to someday be able to do 1/4 of what you do.  Gorgeous. 

You also have a beautiful family.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 8
Points 445

I tried to add a couple examples of each type of quilting I do to my gallery. I will be changing those pics out soon I think. Yes, I quilted blanket toss for my M-I-L. The ribbons are all thread done on the long arm. I learned that technique from Deloa Jones last year at MQX.

Thank you for the compliments.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Matthew Sparrow:
Yes, I quilted blanket toss for my M-I-L. The ribbons are all thread done on the long arm.

So, do you know if your MIL ordered that pattern/kit from Robin Fabrics in Alaska? I just discovered that particular site and think the quilts they offer are beautiful! I looked at Blanket Toss several times. I may hae to order that one yet. :-)

Gillette, WY

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use