Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260
Marque Posted: Fri, Feb 17 2012 9:52 PM

When I am getting ready to make a quilt from a pattern I have found in a magazine, I start out first by making a copy of the complete pattern. I then store it in one of those 3 ring binder page protectors. Then during the cutting process I can make check marks on the copies, check off the steps in the sewing process and even highlight parts for future reference. The pattern can be stored with the quilt pieces too.  All this is done and I still have a pristine magazine that is handy to be read meanwhile.

Marque

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 10:57 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip, Marque!  You sound very organized!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,979
gini replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:45 PM

great tip, i do this with my applique.  i have at least two copies of all the patterns. i have the original i can usually find, a pattern that goes with the project and a back up.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 745
Lola B replied on Sat, Feb 18 2012 5:19 AM

I also use this method.  Buying fabric for future projects is such great fun, but I have found myself forgetting the original plan and using some of the fabric in another project.  Now, once i get all the fabric I need, I put that fabric in a clear plastic storage bin (such as Sterlite since that is fabric safe) , add a copy of the pattern I plan to use, then label the bin using a dry-erase marker.  Everything is together in one place when the urge to complete that project hits!  The dry- erase marking wipes off easily when the project is completed, ready for more fabric.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 270

Wow great tip Marque,

I am new here so all tips and hints are so great, this is one that i shell use,

Again thank you

Sweet Kizzy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,040
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 19 2012 5:43 AM

Wow!  I really like this idea.  I just thinking that when the quilt is done if you add a picture it becomes like a little journal.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,391
Points 19,270

I love this idea.  I've done this with other crafts that I do also.  Thanks so much.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:55 PM

Sweet Kizzy:

Wow great tip Marque,

I am new here so all tips and hints are so great, this is one that i shell use,

Again thank you

Sweet Kizzy

Glad to have you on board, Sweet Kizzy.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Mon, Feb 20 2012 10:07 PM

Good tip. However, I keep most of my magazines as I cancelled subscriptions due to cost of maintaining the two I had originally. Plus there is always more than one pattern I wish to do. Do be careful guys when you share magazines though about the copyright stuff the magazines are trying to pass or have passed though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 4:55 AM

Marque ,thanks for the great tip. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use