Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:09 PM

Welcome Linda and I agree I like aurifil best I have tried the other brands from joann's and they don't last as long and they tend to break more than aurafil's thread. It's fantastic. I buy it at the lqs down the road.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Hi Linda--

Welcome to our crazy group of quilting enablers.  We have lots of fun here and actually learn a lot from each other.  Enjoy.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,095
Joy replied on Thu, Feb 16 2012 11:54 AM

Welcome to QCA and the land of quilt addicts! We all support each others addiction fully! LOL! I too have the same problem with cooking and cleaning. I was once an excellent cook and enjoyed spending time in the kitchen....now my DH does most of the cooking and we share cleaning responsibilities. Thank God he supports my quilting addiction! Congrats on your HQ purchase! I have a Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter 1200 and love it! But have been drooling over the Babylock Ellisimo Gold!

Check out the group pages! There are so many different groups and projects going on all the time! I recently joined the paper piecing group and made my first Mariners Compass block! Love it!

I agree that Aurifil is about the best thread out there. I also like Sulky.

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 155
Sharon replied on Thu, Feb 16 2012 8:36 PM

I also recommend (or rather a quilting friend recommends) the Aurofil.  She says it is sublime!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Feb 16 2012 9:13 PM

Welcome Linda!  Gotta admit I am totally allergic to housework. I avoid it at all costs and simply say, my Daddy never wanted me to do that sort of stuff. ROTFLOL.  I may cook a little! And I am starting to avoid that too! LOL  I think it comes with my old age. I have had my fill of cooking......  Now since I am a newbie quilter I gotta a lot of quilts to make and only so much time. So I am on your side. Let the house go... Let the quilting begin. 

Welcome to our world. Get in, enjoy the fabric addictions, and all quilting and all the friendships. You are in for the time of your life.

Hugs

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use