Top 10 Posters

Perfect. Corner ruler

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 85
Nursetogo posted on Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:29 PM

I am making rectangular blocks that need triangles placed at both ends(sort of like rect snowballs)and the pattern jet gives the size for cut triangles to, so I don't have a square size to go by when trying to cut squares for perfect corner ruler. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:53 PM

What size do they tell you to cut the triangles?

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,801 Posts
Points 420,789
gini replied on Mon, Feb 6 2012 1:02 AM

hi nursetogo, welcome to the group.  i don't understand the question, but it looks like nana does, so she'll get you fixed up

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
20,333 Posts
Points 255,429

Nurst togo are you talking about a flip and cut ? you can do these to make flying geese  and snowball blocks , that's what it sounds like , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,341 Posts
Points 17,940

Welcom, Nurstogo! What is your name and where are you from? Just want to get to know you a bit. Not being nosy just curious. I can, t help with your question but sounds like you found a couple of ladies who can.     Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
872 Posts
Points 14,245
Answered (Not Verified) Dara replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:03 PM
Suggested by Dara

Nursetogo:

I am making rectangular blocks that need triangles placed at both ends(sort of like rect snowballs)and the pattern jet gives the size for cut triangles to, so I don't have a square size to go by when trying to cut squares for perfect corner ruler. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much

Hi and welcome!

Since you didn't give a size I'll use this example:  If the triangle is 2 inches on the 2 short sides and the size allows for the 1/4 inch seam, then you will need a square that is 1 3/4 inches square.  Then when you sew on the diagonal from corner to corner it should come out the same size.  If I was doing it, I think I would add a couple threads to the size of the square to make up for the seam.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 85

Hi sorry took so long but they said cut 2.5 inch squares any help would be great thanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.