Top 10 Posters

machine and frame for sale

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 29 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70
cascade falls quilts posted on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:12 AM

hi quilt buddies- my  handi quilter hq16 regulated stitch and the frame is for sale . I'm going pro and am getting a 24" one. if any body out there is interested contact me . the pics and info are on longarmuniversity.com  and the craigs list for spokane washington  as i live in northern idaho. thanks so much glo

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

Donna B:

I wondered about that!  Do you find that limiting?

Not me, but I'm a real novice.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,110 Posts
Points 410,904
gini replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 11:36 PM

thanks for responding so quickly, gloria.   donna, we were too late, she's sold it

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:40 AM

Donna and Gini

If either of you is really serious about getting a long arm I would recommend that you get at least an 18 in throat.   If you want to learn to do more of the motif style designs with your quilting the 16 in throat can be limiting.    It is best to buy the most throat space that you can afford.   I would actually recommend the larger throat space over the stitch regulator if you had to choose between the two.   With a little practice you get the hang of stitching without the regulator just like you do on your DSM.

well just my 2 cents worth....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

gini:
donna, we were too late, she's sold it

I guess that affirms that her price was right.  Sorry you missed out Donna and Gini.  Put your names in with your local mid-arm / long-arm dealers to be notified when machines come in for trade.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

Nana:
It is best to buy the most throat space that you can afford.

Good advice, Nana.   An 18-inch is still a mid arm, but it provides more wiggle room.  As I mentioned, I love the look and feel of the HQ Avante.  I've found my HQ to be trouble free.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:49 AM

Nancy

HQ's are good machines.  I have checked them out at shows and such several times.  It would lead my list if I was in the market.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,110 Posts
Points 410,904
gini replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 6:29 PM

your advice is worth 3 cents at least nana, don't sell yourself short.   i  had kinda come to the conclusion i want an 18 inch throat.  but this was a pretty good buy.

i ran into the son of one of the women we rent from.  he was walking up the street as i was leaving the studio.  he was one or two beers over the line, maybe three, but cute as the dickens.   kept hugging me and kissing me on the head.   ???  if it were up to him their crazy renter be totally out of the building.  she hasn't paid rent in months and still has a room upstairs next to mine used for storage.   they called the cops to evict her from the downstairs space, they should have had him finish the job.

i'm moving my sewing machines into that room and getting a mid or long arm for the  room i'm in now.  i'm not in a big hurry to decide what i want.  i'm not planning on starting a business, so i have lots of time to try out all the machines again.   i'm excited about using the new room, it has better windows, you can see the street.   i can only see the roof from the room i am in now.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 6:44 PM

Gini

When you decide on a machine make sure they have a frame for the vertically challenged.......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

Ooo, Nana!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

gini:
i'm moving my sewing machines into that room and

How soon is this happening?  Having seen pictures of it, I think moving your sewing room sounds like a h-u-g-e undertaking!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
315 Posts
Points 7,375

MNnancy:

Nana:
It is best to buy the most throat space that you can afford.

Good advice, Nana.   An 18-inch is still a mid arm, but it provides more wiggle room.  As I mentioned, I love the look and feel of the HQ Avante.  I've found my HQ to be trouble free.

I too believe you should go for as much throat space as possible.  Trying to quilt in a small area means LOTS of rolling the quilt back and forth.  And a stitch regulator is not a real necessity.  After a bit of practice, my stitching is pretty consistent.  After all, what did quilters do before stitch regulators?  I got my quilter about a year ago.  It is a well-loved, well-maintained machine who celebrated her 19th birthday last year and she's still going strong!  And boy did I get a deal on her too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,110 Posts
Points 410,904
gini replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:39 PM

MNnancy:
I think moving your sewing room sounds like a h-u-g-e undertaking!

i'm just moving the two sewing machines. and one cutting table.   all of the fabric and one of the cutting tables can stay there. sam offered to have the wall between the rooms taken out, but that wouldn't gain me anything.  i think i would have less space to stow fabric.   leaving the wall means there's space for a large design wall in the new room.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,414 Posts
Points 62,732

Gini--

How exciting to be getting more space!  I'm very happy for you and can hardly wait to see how you fill it up--and YOU will!  I had to severely downsize my space when I moved, but so far it's working out OK.

Kissimmee, FL

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

Did you sell your HQ 16?  I live in Washington State.

Thank you

Maxine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

Maxine, that for-sale posting was a year old, and yes, it sold.  Good luck with the hunt for yours, and welcome to QCA!

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use