Top 10 Posters

machine and frame for sale

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 29 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70
cascade falls quilts posted on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:12 AM

hi quilt buddies- my  handi quilter hq16 regulated stitch and the frame is for sale . I'm going pro and am getting a 24" one. if any body out there is interested contact me . the pics and info are on longarmuniversity.com  and the craigs list for spokane washington  as i live in northern idaho. thanks so much glo

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,441 Posts
Points 127,549

Hi and welcome to QCA. I hope you will stick around and chat with us.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Hi glo, 

I am in Winthrop, WA so looked at your pics on Spokane CraigsList.  Can you do panto's on this set-up? Also, how old is the machine? 

I have been using my domestic machine to do my machine quilting, but am thinking of upgrading.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,272 Posts
Points 413,654
gini replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 1:41 AM

hi cascade falls, i'm in sandpoint

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70

hello up there sorry for the delay  have'nt ever blogged before -- glo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,057 Posts
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:42 PM

Is this still available and do you cover shipping, how much are you asking as you never said before?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797

Donna, I have an HQ16 and if you have a room large enough to work from the back side of the machine (I don't), you can do pantographs.  She says she has the stitch regulator which would be nice - another thing I don't have.  I purchased my used HQ16 for $4200, so you can use that info for comparison.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Thanks Nancy, she's asking $5100 and the machine is 3 yrs old. How old was your machine when you bought it?   I do have a room that will be my sewing room...that is roughly 15X20 with a kitchenette on one 15' wall.   The machine would have to sit  parallel with the kitchenette.  How much depth (front to back) do you need available?  And, most importantly, are you happy with yours?  In one way, I hate to take up the room that I was planning to use for sewing, cutting table, and ironing surface plus storage, but...  maybe, if this is a good buy.  Here is her full description on Craigslist:

For sale is my HQ 16 handi quilter long arm quilting machine with regulated stitch and computer upgrades . I have the portable frame bars and an extra set of tracks and new bars custom made to give you the ability to do 120" wide work, plus the laser , external bobbin winder,ruler, extension table for ruler work ,bobbins lights- and all the things that came with it. My husband built a frame to mount this portable frame to it and lengthened new conduit bars to 12 ft and mounted it on 2 new banquet tables.. The orig bars snap together you can do baby to queen size set ups with them.this machine was recently serviced by a dealer and they suggested the pricing and said it had low hours used and was in perfect shape. ..This is a very reliable pc of quilting equipment. Call for more info and to come see it 2086497147. Cascade falls quilts hayden idaho.I'm getting a larger machine. P.S. the pictures don't show the rear handles as I do not have them on. They are safely stored and you will get them. My current home is too small to work behind the machine. Ck out the prices for the new ones on the Handi Quilter site you'll see this is a bargian..This machine is 3yrs old . I cannot ship this machine it must be seen to be appreciated.

I will appreciate any comments...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,272 Posts
Points 413,654
gini replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 9:45 PM

sam and i are thinking about taking a look at it. i won't be able to set it up for a few months.  we're still waiting for our flaky neighbor next to the studio to move out or get fully evicted.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Should I race you for it???  LOL  Oh, I forgot, you are closer!!!  And, you do not have snow...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797

I'm not home now to measure, but I would guess you'd need 8 to 10 feet of space to be able to move comfortably on both sides of the machine.  My machine was 5 years old, and again, no stitch regulator.  Not sure what she means by "computer upgrades."  For my use, I like the HQ.  If I did a lot of quilting or thought I could ever do more intricate quilting, I might want a bigger, better machine, but I just do all over freehand designs.  I wish the set up was taller - banquet table height is not great for me - I'm bending over a lot when I use it.  I hope to convince DH to help me come up with a better frame setup.  

Go look at the machine and have her put it through its paces.  Check to see how sturdy the new bars are.  HQ came out with a frame and rod upgrade themselves, and it cost $9000 just for that, but the upgraded bars are much stouter than the original snap together bars, so if her custom bars are stout, that gives you a sense of what they are worth.  I guess I'm doing okay with the thinner original bars.

I'll admit that I can't help myself - I do drool when I look at the HQ Avante - but I can't justify spending that kind of money.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,272 Posts
Points 413,654
gini replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 9:57 PM

no, have you contacted her?   if you are already talking to her, we could go take a look at it for you. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

No, I just printed out the CraigsList posting and was waiting to see if anyone had comments about it.  And, if she replied to my questions here.  I am a little concerned if I do have enough room...but, I would dearly love to have a long-arm.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797

Donna B:
I would dearly love to have a long-arm

Mid-arm, Donna.  A 16" throat space will quilt about a 12" space.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

I wondered about that!  Do you find that limiting?

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use