Top 10 Posters

Fabric for Life Sweepstake

Page 4 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:03 PM

Debbie-do, I noticed that, too. It pays to read the fine print. Plus it says something about you must use all the 52 yard in each year's time., That is a lot of fabric to use up in a year. DH said you would need to do nothing but quilt 24/7.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:14 PM

I think when they say "use up" they mean to ORDER the amount allotted as the prize.  I mean, you could take a mannequin and wrap it up like a mummy and say it is an "art" project. 

As for going out of business within 20 years, I think that if the company was in trouble they would know ahead of time, and go this route:

"At any point during the 20-year term of the Fabric for Life prize, Sponsor reserves the right to offer winner a cash buy-out to terminate fulfillment of the prize..."

Right now I am just having fun each morning logging in and putting in my info.... it will be sad not to do that any more.... sniff.....sniff....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:18 PM

Ah - but if I EVER won that kind of stash, I would praise it to high heaven!  I know some of you have seen this, as I posted it before, but it bears repeating:

ODE TO A STASH

I love you, my wonderful stash!

You're dearer than all the world's cash!

I love to just hold you, and fondle, and fold you,

and praise your distinctive panache!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:50 PM

My father has Alzheimer's.  So sometimes think, what if I got it?  I've told my loved ones, just to put me in a room with my stash and I'll be content for weeks.  Just fondling, looking, matching. again and again. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:53 PM

Patti:

My father has Alzheimer's.  So sometimes think, what if I got it?  I've told my loved ones, just to put me in a room with my stash and I'll be content for weeks.  Just fondling, looking, matching. again and again. 

I hear ya Patti... just burry me in my fabric... Who says you cant take it with ya...lol..

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:55 PM

Prairie Dog:
If I were Canadian I would be offended by the "math test".  

It is not Keepsake that made that rule. It is our illustrious government. Without the skill testing question the contest supplier is breaking the law. You learn to live with many "stupid" laws irregardless of what country you live in.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:03 PM

But the United States isn't "exempt" from that line of thinking, either.  There was a time (and I shudder to think that there still is) when EVERYONE was granted the "right to vote" and in some VERY racist areas, there was a test administered - to everyone, yes - but the general "white" population got a simple addition and subtraction test, and the "people of color" (not necessarily the African American community, either) were given "long division".  .... sometimes I look at people who are so INTENT on EVERYONE being "experts in English", and as a former Language Arts teacher, I would LOVE to give them an English test - emphasis on GRAMMAR and SPELLING.....  oh well... society, you know?

OH - p.s.  and VOCABULARY, too!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:13 PM

Bella:
"right to vote"

Bella--There is an awful lot that we think of as our rights but when you are forced to search through the laws we find that it is not a right but a priviedge (sp) that has been granted by a person or company. One example is the return policy of retail establishments.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Cindy:
.I missed the BIG statement at the top that said enter every day.

Cindy, I'm like you, I think I only entered once. OH, well, I'm usually not that lucky anyway.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 5:42 PM

MNnancy:

Jeanine:
I don't need any more!!

Those words are not in my vocabulary!

I love fabric as much as the next person but I have finally come to the point of excess that is causing me stress.  I NEED to control what I have and use it up and every time I make steps to this end, someone else donates wonderful fabric to me.  So I have plenty to play with and I will never get bored.  I can always find what I need in my stash and I can not even bring myself to go to a quilt shop, JoAnn's or anywhere right now.  I know it will not last but I think I need this period of catchup and coming to terms with what I already have.  Too much of a good thing is not good...like eating too many cinammon rolls (my favorite)...

So I wish all of you luck and if I were to win the sweepstakes, I think I would need to share it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:07 PM

Frances - You' re too funny!

Jeanine - I think you are loosing it! Don't you realize you will never, never gain control over the stash?

Love the "Ode". Forgot who wrote it. Sorry but I've just read a few pages to catch up.

I wanted to make a couple more comments but have forgotten to who. Have to go back and reread. It's been a long day of sewing and planning my trip back to Ohio.

Hugs,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:18 PM

Bella thank you for the Ode.

As for the math test for the Canadians, it's just plain stupid. Is that all your government has to do? Don't they have more important things to do?

I didn't realize it was Keepsake sponsoring this contest. Exactly where in their catalog is fabric under $10/yd?? I think even the bargin fabrics are $10/yd! So it must be scrap bag fabric.I'd be happy with scraps, but to enter a contest??? I don't think I'd enter another. I don't order from them much because of the price of their fabrics. I don't even order their bargin fabrics. I'm not impressed.

Next time I'll get the magnifying glass out and read the fine print before entering any contests.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Debbie-do:

I entered often for a couple of months, then I read the fine print re: fabric "valued at $10/yard or less" so I went to the KQ web site and checked the price of fabric!  There's not a whole lot under $10/yard!  I wonder if it includes the sale room fabrics.  That 'valued at' part makes me wonder.  But... I started entering again because I just love to win stuff! 

And what will the price of fabric be say in five years or so........  Even clearance fabric probably wouldn't be under $10 a yard!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 8:22 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Debbie-do:

I entered often for a couple of months, then I read the fine print re: fabric "valued at $10/yard or less" so I went to the KQ web site and checked the price of fabric!  There's not a whole lot under $10/yard!  I wonder if it includes the sale room fabrics.  That 'valued at' part makes me wonder.  But... I started entering again because I just love to win stuff! 

And what will the price of fabric be say in five years or so........  Even clearance fabric probably wouldn't be under $10 a yard!

Exactly. .. Makes you wonder.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 2:32 PM

Granny Agnes:

Bella:
"right to vote"

Bella--There is an awful lot that we think of as our rights but when you are forced to search through the laws we find that it is not a right but a priviedge (sp) that has been granted by a person or company. One example is the return policy of retail establishments.

Hi, Granny -

Maybe what you say is true for Canada, but not for the U.S.  I tried to answer this before, and quoted "our stuff", but it was not allowed to quote.  So I will just say it is in our laws by actually stating the word right (can't put that in quotes or highlight, or it is a flag not to print) is part of the law-thingie.  So, yes, that is what makes the U.S. different.  Just an FYI.

Page 4 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use