Page 1 of 7 (104 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:31 PM

Is anyone else glad that the Fabric for Life Sweepstake is soon finally coming to an end?  How many months have we been completing that daily entry form???

Here's the ironic part - On the day they will determine the winners, I will be leaving town for twelve days.   What if the notification comes in the post with a required return period of 8 days?   Arrrgh!  I'd lose out on fabric for life!

Here is the fine print in the rules:

Winners will be notified by phone, email, postal mail or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected.

And then this last line really has me stumped.  Are they afraid some of you Canadians won't be able to figure out how much fabric to order, so they're going to give you a math test first???

Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail or e-mail at Sponsor's sole discretion.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:33 PM

Nancy

Can't you take your laptop with you ?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:34 PM

I'll have my laptop, but they can choose to phone or to send the notice via US Post.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:34 PM

mars92:
Can't you take your laptop with you ?

Oh, I see if you get a post you can't return it. Have your neighbors be on red alert for it. Geez whiz. that's nuts. that's not fair.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:38 PM

not to worry, nancy,  i'm gonna win

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:45 PM

I called first dibs!

- - - - -

So no one else thinks the comment about Canadians is funny?  I mean, what's with that?  It's from the actual rules!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 9:49 PM

Oh, I guess I'mout...I missed the BIG statement at the top that said enter every day.  I entered only once...a lesson in paying attention.

Cindy

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:19 PM

i didn't see first dibs.  

i missed the part about the canadians.   that is too weird.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:48 PM

Like you im not sure i understand why canadians need to answer a maths question, However at least they get the chance to enter as im from England i dont get the chance maybe they think i wouldnt be able to answer the maths question (and on some days they could be right) LOL.

I wish all of you lots of luck with this (its a great prize)

lots of love

francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:57 PM

MNnancy:
Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail or e-mail at Sponsor's sole discretion.

Wow Nancy, that is wierd!  My only guess is that it may have something to do with the Canadian Exchange.  But, who knows!

Maybe Vivian has some ideas...  I wonder if she has bothered to enter (not that she couldn't pass the  mathematical skill-testing question ).  I probably couldn't.  Basic accounting math is my limit!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:36 PM

I actually look forward each morning around 6 am for my ritual of plugging in my info as I drink my coffee in my bedroom.  It's as though I am reassuring myself that I am who I say I am, and that I am still here.  After all, it is before I fully wake up.  I won't know what to do when it is over and I open my computer to fill in the blanks.... I also have the fear that, because I can't afford to be a "paying member" that I will be disqualified......

About the Canadians... that is strange.  Very.  Maybe it does have something to do with testing them to see if they understand the fabric will be cut according to the imperial system and not metric.  That way they can't complain, maybe?

I sure want another long term contest offered where I have to put in my info in the morning.  I hate to break my pattern that I am in.....    ;D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:04 AM

Nancy,

I used to enter daily for a while then forgot about it until this post. I've never entered my phone number so they can't call me. That line about Canadians is hilarious.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:06 AM

Cindy:

Oh, I guess I'mout...I missed the BIG statement at the top that said enter every day.  I entered only once...a lesson in paying attention.

Cindy

One chance is all it takes Cindy. After all the effort it might just be someone like you (single entry) that wins. If you do please remember me. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:16 AM

Bella:
Maybe it does have something to do with testing them to see if they understand the fabric will be cut according to the imperial system and not metric. 

Oh, I didn't think of that!  I bet you are right...  Fabric in Canada is cut by the meter, instead of the yard! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Since I am fairly new to this board, I just looked at the page and decided that I can't enter every day,  then I thought maybe you just have to enter every day for life in hopes you will win.

Janis

TN

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 7 (104 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use