Quilt Pattern

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
42 Posts
Points 985
Renaye posted on Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:47 PM

Hi everyone.  I was given 24 fat quarters from a friend for Christmas.  These are very colorful, very different but very patterned fat quarters.  I would like to make them into a quilt.  Does anyone have any ideas of a pattern to use these?

• | Post Points: 155

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Join the FREE Craftsy Block of the Month class and use a two different fat quarters each month.  Learn new techniques and end up with a cute scrappy quilt when we're done.

http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Craftsy-Block-of-the-Month/50

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,736 Posts
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 2:04 PM

Renaye

I could give you better advice if you posted a pic of your fqs.  I really am not good at giving pattern advice without seeing the fabric.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

A picture of your FQs would really help. Having said that, Easy Quilts has had a few patterns for FQs you might want to take a look at their back issues and see what you can find.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,657 Posts
Points 136,077

Turning Twenty, is agood pattern for fat quarters

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 160

Definately turning twenty there is a different look every time with this pattern. Have had 4 quilts cut since Aug for this pattern and I know they will be beautiful. I have made this one probably 10 times, myself. It is easy but looks fantastic every time. Good Luck if you like the fabric u will like the quilt.

Rebecca

Quilter's talk thru their quilts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,837 Posts
Points 123,680

Renaye

Nancy had a good suggestion about the Craftsy.com BOM. Several of us here on QCA are taking that online class and it's a great way to use up fat quarters. But it does cost money, not free. 

Log Cabins are always a great way to use a variety of fabric colors and patterns, as long as you have darks and lights.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Rebecca, I wanted to say Hi and I hope you will join us more often.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
402 Posts
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 2:55 PM

The craftsy.com BOM is free.  Even if you don't use it now, sign up so you can do it later.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,736 Posts
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 3:00 PM

Renaye

I didn't think about the Turning Twenty patterns.  I have made several of these and they make really pretty quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

The BQ patterns would work well with fat quarters of big prints.  Then you can use two other fabrics (light and dark) with them to coordinate it all together.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/throws-wall-hangings/big-block-throw_1.html

Big Block Throw is about 54" square and uses four different fat quarters.

Not Ranked
Female
42 Posts
Points 985
Renaye replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 4:24 PM

Thanks everyone.  I am anxious to use some of your suggestions.  They were all good.  Wonderful suggestions.  You guys always come through with results.

Thank you Thank you

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Turning Twenty comes to mind!

Judylee

replied on Fri, Jan 27 2012 9:28 PM

On utube the Missouri quilt company shows some cool patterns for fat quarters or 5 in squares. I did some of these at Christmas. They look very cool.     

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use