Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 646 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 644 645 646 647 648 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 10:27 AM | Locked

chocake2:

DD and I put up 21 pts of peaches in syrup today. I gave away a box, just distributing sacks of  them around town. (Made the whole town happy I think. The drink special at the bar tonight is Peach Daiguries!) Hubby took a  bunch down to the county offices when he went to work, and I gave a bunch to my co-workers. So Now I'm down to about 1/3 of them left to process tomorrow. I'll do chutney and maybe salsa. What's left when that's done will be frozen for pies. Maybe I'll make a batch of peach ice cream... and of course we HAVE to have a cobbler. By the time it's all said and done.I'm gonna be mighty tired of stone fruits. LOL 

CC if you would be so kind as too put  some ice cream and the peach cobbler, on the plane to england, i would really appreciate it, it sounds really Yummy.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

LOL...Sure thing, Frances. Altho I think the ice cream may be melted before you get it...

MMM, Scones sound good Barbara!! If you make them, I'll bring the salsa, and mabe some jam!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

CC, If it wasn't for the fact it would heat up the kitchen to much  I'd make some ,found a really easy and good recipe for scones on Allrecipes.com  I been dying to try them, but I have put it off due to heat.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:28 AM | Locked

Awesome Sunday. Felt good enough (finally) to go to Church. Great service. Pastor and his wife will be over for a visit with the patient after they go to lunch. So, that will be fun.

Neighbors who live full time in Longwood, FL came up last night so we got a good rain. For some reason, it rains every time they come. All they have to do is open the gate to their property and here comes the rain. We love it.

Hope our guests don't stay too long as I really, really need a nap.

Have a quilty day.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,940
Points 234,172
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

Sukochi - good for you - I made it to church too - felt so good - of course had to get up 3 1/2 hours early to get myself there - but made it and feel so good now - not sure why but Sundays after I have been to church are so much better.

Back in my live in clothes...teehee... my Lucille Ball jeans and a purple top today - all comfied up... got 4 more rows sewn together so am half way on having the body of Rainbow sewn together - put out the pork chops to thaw for Jay to cook on the grill tonight and am ready for the day - lol

Have to start this week with final cleaning preparations for the kids visit - all the drapes come down and get washed and the wood floors get steamed and the rugs washed - or steam cleaned depending on their size... so don't plan on doing much sewing but the way I am feeling I just might do some house cleaning and then break at the sewing machine... 

Jay is working on the electric problem and hopes to have it fixed today - so I can call the hot tub people and have them out here sometime this next week to get the hot tub up and running - everything is falling into place....

Now to do some embroidery on block KL and get it done today...lol

Great quilty weather - amazingly we are having fall weather today - after the rains though the air smells so good... a great day!  a great week!!! YES YES YES!!! 

no problems other then those we can deal with...lol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 12:32 PM | Locked

It's official, I am the new  Kitchen manager for Gramercy  Elementary. It is a different school than I applied for but it is a much better fit.  I am just happy to have a management position.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 12:37 PM | Locked

Wendy ,Congratulations on your new position.  and good luck  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 1:18 PM | Locked

Wendy

Congratulations.  I know you have been really wanting this position for awhile now.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,940
Points 234,172
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

Wendy :

It's official, I am the new  Kitchen manager for Gramercy  Elementary. It is a different school than I applied for but it is a much better fit.  I am just happy to have a management position.

Congratulations Wendy - glad you got something that will be perfect for you - makes the day so much better when you enjoy what you do!

Still a beautiful day in Oklahoma - seems like I am not making much progress on my KL block but I am getting there - it is a lot of hand embroidery and I needed to give my arms - not fingers a break...lol... and it is a gorgeous day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

Way to go, Wendy!  Is this school fairly close to your home?  What makes it a "good fit"?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 2:54 PM | Locked

Congratulations Wendy.  Best of luck with your new responsibilities. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 3:20 PM | Locked

All this talk of lugs brings back memories of my years helping pick fruit on the in-laws and our farms back up in Southwestern Mich.  When we picked "pie" cherries, we used lugs.  They were about 6 - 8 inches deep I believe.  I think we used them when we cut the grapes too.  I do miss having all the wonderful fruits and vegetables available for canning and freezing - but honestly don't miss all the work putting them up.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 3:40 PM | Locked

David Jr was just over here checking out my new Escape.  I had a split heart with the Mizpah blessing on it that I thought he might like to share with Hannah,  For those of you who don't know the Mizpah, it is "May the Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent one from another." He will need to get some nice gold chains for the two halves of the heart.  And we aren't sure whether he would be able to wear it when he is on duty. 

These next few days with him home are going to fly by.  Now that he has gone through basic and his infantry training, he doesn't think he wants to pursue Rangers.  He wants to be able to be "home" more and have a family life.  This next base will give him some time to think things over.  He may be able to go on to officers training as he has scored so high on everything.  

He was telling me that none of his jeans fit.  He has packed on so much muscle.  Now he has to buy himself some new civies before he heads overseas to his new base.  He must travel in civilian clothes and also wear civilian clothes whenever he goes off base as he is now considered a "high value target".

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,052
Points 169,993
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

Doing the Happy Dance for you Wendy.  Congrats and good luck in your new job!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 6:21 PM | Locked

Wendy,

Congratulations on your getting the new position.  Yippie for you!!!

Page 646 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 644 645 646 647 648 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use