Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 642 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 640 641 642 643 644 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 10:05 AM | Locked

CC, I think it bothers you, as it would anyone, because you're a very busy person and the plans you have for your day are thrown out the window when they call you in.  If it weren't for the money, I would start telling them no.  You have things to do and a life of your own.  Maybe if you asked for time and a half to cover her they'd stop asking, or who knows, you just might get it.  Or maybe if they gave you the respect you deserve and the position you're actually filling with proper compensation and just told her not to bother coming in at all, it would be better for everyone.  Why should she get all the perks when she's clearly not capable of even getting to work, let alone doing the work?  We're on your (sunny) side.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 945
rshatto replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

Today I am working, as I have so far since the beginning of the week. I have Friday off. Yahoo! I plan on playing with my new quilting frame and fairly new quilting machine. You can buy this stuff when you work, but then you dont have the time to play... So Friday is play day for me.. I am so looking forward to it. Everything looks so big it is kind of intimidating.. I'm sure I will be fine.. :). I am looking forward to retirement, so I can play all the time.. I say that, then life gets in the way from what I see.

I am sure it is all good.

Robin

North Carolina

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

Jim came through his hernia repair with flying colors. Of course, I am going to have to sit on him to keep him down the required couple of days. He is a great patient, really. I am not a great nurse. Now, not only do I have to do MY stuff around here, I have to do HIS. Which includes taking out the garbage and cleaning the litter box (GROSS!!).  That is asking a lot. But for him, well,,,,, almost,,,,,anything.

Thanks to all who offered up prayers. God is good.

I am sending Mary some cute greeting cards every week or so. Just to make her feel loved and to know that we are here for her. If anyone would like to join me in this Mailbox Surprise, pm me for her physical address. That's what friends are for.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:21 PM | Locked

Lily is guarding her poor healing daddy after his surgery this a.m. She may look like she is just resting but if you value your life....DO NOT GO NEAR THAT CHAIR.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:31 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I see those watchful eyes, ready to spring into action.  Don't you love how in tune she is to what's going on?

Also, a word of advice:  clean the litter box before you take the trash out.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:38 PM | Locked

Maggie, her Daddy is the love of her life. I do not exist in this house. It is all about that man.

You are right about that litter box. YUCK!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 3:46 PM | Locked

Sukochi

The pic of Lilly with her Dad is so cute.  My doggies are like that when I am sick.   The funny thing is they don't even want to let the other dogs close.  The guarding goes to whichever gets there first...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Got home from work after just a half day. The weather (rained all night --YAY!!)  interfered with the field crew so they took over for me and I was able to come home and tackle the canning while it's cool.  I'm on my 3rd batch of tomatoes. I'd be done by now but they take so blasted long to process. I should just go find the pressure canner , but I'm too lazy and besides, it needs a trip to the extension agent for a pressure/valve check. If my math is right, as of now, these tomatoes cost us just about the same as I pay for canned tomatoes in the grocery store, and I still have enough in the box to do one more batch. It's not a great savings, but it's better then nothing and home canned taste so much better... Plus I know they were grown pesticide free in organic fertilizer.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 7:05 PM | Locked

Nana:

Marsha

Luckily my fibro hasn't flared badly after the tooth extraction.  I was expecting it but I only have a few aches.  Hope you get to feeling better.

Nana, good for you!  Hope you continue to keep feeling good.  I am feeling much better today - tired, though.  I met Jan from Rochester, NY today (she posts on MQ V).  We met midway between where we each live and had a wonderful time chatting.  We met at a restaurant at 10:30 AM for something to drink after our long rides (we each drove over 40 miles) and were still there while everyone came and went during the noon hour, so decided to eat before we did our "1 shop  shop-hop".  Quilt shops and few and far between around here.  We went 6 to 8 miles from where we ate to a shop she had visited before.  I picked up a few things I needed and she was successful in finding the perfect border for a quilt top she brought with her.  It already had a border attached, but she wasn't happy with it.  The quilt was a beautiful purple, teal, and spring green with light tan background print.  The border fabric she had was way too dark and overwhelmed the quilt.  She found a beautiful green with spirals of the purple and a blue which was perfect for it. 

We are both already planning another day out in the near future, probably in the fall as she is caring for a granddaughter and she will be in school then.  This is the first time I have ever had the chance to meet with a fellow quilter in the flesh!  What fun.  She is also another member of our fibromyalgia club and also had a good day today, so it was perfect for us.  I am going to search the computer for other shops that we can visit without too much driving on each of our parts.  I am willing to drive to Rochester where I lived for 14 years (over 50 years ago).  She is about 80 miles from here near where I used to live but the southern edge of the city is only about 60 miles from me.  I think there may be some shops in that area.  At least there is a Joann Fabrics there.  Maybe we can find more than one shop this time, if the achy bodies can stand it! 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 7:16 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Lily is guarding her poor healing daddy after his surgery this a.m. She may look like she is just resting but if you value your life....DO NOT GO NEAR THAT CHAIR.

He looks like he is resting so peacefully with his guardian on duty.  You can see that look in her eye and the alertness of her ears - she isn't missing anything.  Hope he keeps doing well and takes care not to overdo things too soon. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 7:49 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Where is everybody today? No one but us few chickens on here.

I was running around like a headless chicken!  I had planned to go grocery shopping this morning while Rich handled the trucking alone, but as I was almost out the door the phone rang.  It was Rich - he was just about 4 miles up the hill from us with a flat tire on his trailer.  Fortunately it happened in front of the shop of one of the Amish that have moved in up there so he had help.  He wanted me to come up and take the tire to be repaired while he took his load of cattle to the sale.  He thought he would be OK for that trip without a spare but didn't want to move a load of show cattle to a fair without one.  That is 80 or so miles from here.  On his way back from the sale he called me and asked me to go to a nearby town (12 miles) to get him a Sub for his dinner (it was after 1:30 by then) and bring the tire and his Sub to the farm with the show cattle (about 20 miles in the other direction).  He said he would be there by 2:00.  He was already there when I got there.  I didn't even get to check emails and didn't even get the groceries (about 30 miles in a 3rd direction).  I wasn't feeling very well, so just rested for what was left of the day. 

Today was a FUN day (above post) and also I was able to get groceries on my way home.  No checking emails and posts until tonight.  I am now caught up (for now).

Hope Nan starts feeling better soon.  That is not the best way to lose weight.  I did that once - 35 pounds in 3 weeks! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:44 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Plus I know they were grown pesticide free in organic fertilizer.

Not only pesticide free, but also much lower in sodium than the commercially canned 'maters.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

CC,nothing beats home canned tomatoes ,they are just the best. I still have a few jars, left will more then likely have to do some canning next year.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 6:46 AM | Locked

Marsha

It sounds like you and Jan had a great time.  Isn't it so much fun to meet up with the quilters we talk to everyday.  It feels like we have known each other forever even when we have never actually met.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 7:16 AM | Locked

Marsha, it is so much fun to meet up with or club members and just have a fun day. some of us from the Missouri/ Kansas area are going to do the same thing ,next month . it will be fun . We to go to lunch and try and visit a couple of shops . This time we are going to Lee Summit ,which i hear has a very nice quilt shop. I never been there myself so I'm looking forward to it .. Hope you gt to do this again. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 642 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 640 641 642 643 644 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use