Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 639 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 637 638 639 640 641 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

I just returned home from the dentist. But just for routine cleaning. No cavities, dentist says I have great teeth. Not bad for an old woman!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:15 PM | Locked

Nana, your tooth must be out by now, praying that all goes well now that it is gone and that your fibromyalgia doesn't give you trouble.  Feel well soon, my friend.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:20 PM | Locked

Sukochi, glad you are feeling better.  That was a scary incident that has to be taken care of immediately, not the next day, tell hubby that for me, NO WAITING!  (((((HUGS)))))

BTW, glad you found your perfect head board, we want pics when hubby attaches it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Barbara, I think I commented in another thread but it's worth repeating.  Your work is wonderful on your trapunto and FMQ-ed piece.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

just got caught up on this post.   i hope all of you feelin unwell get better quickly. 

dang, sukochi, i wish they could figure out how to fix your hives

nana, i hope your extraction goes smoothly

i have posted the pictures from our quilt show on my blog.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:18 PM | Locked

Barbara I'm still having trouble with getting all the posts, so I missed your lesson #2. Looks to me you don't really need lessons. Your work is wonderful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:23 PM | Locked

Getting toward evening, hives a poppin'. Started the Prednisone RX the ER Doc gave me. That should help. Plus I will through some Benedryl into the mix.

Got lots accomplished today. Sure feels good to get the housework out of the way on Monday. Have the rest of the week with just a bit of picking up here and there.

Have to be at the hosp. tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. for Jim's hernia surgery. We should be done by 10:45. Hope it is easy on him. Have Bible Study Thurs. a.m. Won't go unless he is feeling good. Would take me 20 mins to get home from Church if something happened. Hmm....

Y'all have a great evening.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:29 PM | Locked

Bonita ,now if I hadn't taken the lesson I would never have know how to do this ..LOL  but thank you anyway . it was fun to do .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:32 PM | Locked

Gini

Again congrats on your ribbons. Both well deserved. You sure havwe alot of talanted quilters in your group..so many beautiful quilts.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

Nana, hope your extraction went well and the fibro doesn't consider the assult on your mouth an open invitation to party.

Sukochi, I hope tonights hives are mild and disappear quickly. We worry about you.

Has anyone heard from Nan lately?

I was thinking of Spud again today. I haven't heard any up-dates on her in a while. I pray she is doing well.

I spent the day cleaning Jr's room and re-arranging furniture. What should have been a 3 hour job has taken 6 and is still un-finished. Sprout is determined to defend his big brother's domain from their evil Mom on a cleaning kick. He's been fussy today. 

It's nice to be getting a jump start on the annual mucking out of the kids clutter. I usually don't get to tackle their mess until they go back to school.  Isn't it funny how they react to cleaning their space? When I have them help me with the chore, they "need" to save every toy, bit of artwork and out-grown piece of clothing. There's tears and rebellion when I insist on getting rid of some of it. But when I do it on my own, and purge possetions at will, they never even notice that things are missing - They just delight in being able to find thier favorite things and re-discovering old favorites that have been reserected from the bottom of the pile.  Hmmm... I sorta wish someone would come in and purge my stuff for me.

Dh put out his back getting that last load of fire wood, and has been hobbling around in pain all week. Today he finally caved in and told me to get him an appointment to get an adjustment.  *sigh* I wish they'd offer a 2-for-1 deal after moving all that furniture.

I think what finally convinced him to go get taken care of was having to help on a coroner call last night. The deceased weighed in excess of 350lbs and had died in a back bedroom. There was no room to get the gurney in through the narrow, cluttered hallway, so they had to pack the body out.  It's no suprise that they needed extra help. OUCH! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 5:43 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Sukochi, I hope tonights hives are mild and disappear quickly. We worry about you.   Hives of today...gone. Took a Prednisone and a Benedryl. worked like a charm'

Has anyone heard from Nan lately?     I email with Nan almost everyday. She is still having some health issues. among those issues is the hospital bill. They want $1800. a month. Who could pay that??? Certainly not Nan.  The stone was blasted and is no longer an issue.

She has started home schooling Maddie and it is going well.

I have had Spud on my mind as well of late. Concerned. I miss her on here.

CC, hope your man is feeling better soon. Back aches are no fun.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Barbara, have you got the new issues of  Love Of Quilting? There is an article on Feather Quilting Basics. Though you are so past basic. You might like to read it. Some  good tips as well.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,526
Points 51,000
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

Sukochi, you certainly sound so much better now.  I'm sorry I had to scare you yesterday, if I did, but I sopke from knowledge.  Icare what happens to you and your husband.  Yes, I know you are in God's hands, I asked Him to keep a special watch on you and guide you along the right path.

I'm glad you are going back to your sewing room and that DH is going to take his meal detector over the church grounds.  Both of you have fun.

I, myself, am going to try to push myself to do more until I can see my Dr on Thursday and get her advise on how to get better faster and quit losing any more brain cells until they get my labs to look more normal.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,526
Points 51,000
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

That's Okay Sukochi,  I got your message.  Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:37 PM | Locked

Sukochi!

Love your new floors. I had mine done 4 yrs ago...rather my Sister did.  When she moved in she had carpeting ripped out and beautiful Armstrong Vinyl laid down.  I love it, was shocked at how much animal hair must have been embedded in the carpeting (even with vacuuming daily), its no wonder I could not breathe.

I have a 2 bedroom/2 bath modified A-frame.  Love my floors and the easy care, I was lucky, she let me pick out what I wanted, had every inch of floor done, including closets, laundry and baths, So much easier to clean and everyone who enters loves it.  Only the sun-oom is not vinyl, it is slate my husband and I laid 20 years ago.     The dogs love the cool slate in the summer, and in the winter I open the blinds and they lay on the sun-warmed slate.   It is a WIN WIN!

You will really enjoy those lovely floors.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 639 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 637 638 639 640 641 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use