Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 638 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 636 637 638 639 640 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

Barbara

Your trapunto is gorgeous.   you go girl. 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,305
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

thanks Susie, I had fun making it to ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,305
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

Nana, thank you ,it wa alot of fun to do . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

Barbara, your shadow trapunto is fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh Sukochi,  I am so glad you went to the ER.   worried about you all night with every toss and turn I did all night, and there were a lot of them.  Bless you dear girl , you are in my prayers.  Ginny  

Thank you so much. You don't need to lose sleep over me. God has got this. I know he does. My Pastor says he thinks these hives are caused by fear. He came to the ER and ask me what am I so afraid of . Gets you to thinking. This will sound so strange, but Jim is looking so old now at 67. He has lost so much weight, eats all the time and has not put back on any weight. Well, just a bit. He looks like a cadaver. When he sleeps he looks just like his DF  looked...in his casket. Is this a warning from God that he will be taking Jim from me soon? That is my greatest fear. I guess it is crazy to say that because Jim is fit and healthy, great labs every time. But, I am, regardless of Jim, totally afraid of loss. Could stem from my Daddy committing suicide in the house when we were home when I was 11 years old. I worshiped my Daddy. My Mom was a prescription drug addict and alcoholic. Once, my Daddy died, my childhood turned to hell. I guess, when I think abut it, I have a lot of fear.

Also, stopped my Singulair for my Asthma. I am in the dreaded donut hole with my drug plan, so Singulair was costing a small fortune. Jim said to hell with the cost, he is getting it filled today. I know that will take the terrible cough away and lessen these hives. At the time I stopped it, my Doctor put me on inhalers in it's place. They do not work. And, I think they cause my hives to get worse. So I have better days ahead.

So, I will get in the sewing room today, and get my mind on the fact that I am talented at this craft. That should lift my spirits. Plus, I will quit sitting at this computer all day, every day and get some exercise and start eating right. Our diet is so bad. As in when we got home from the ER, we had corn dogs cut up with chili and cheese on them. I am going to do my best to cook and eat only fresh veggies, fruit and meats. Stay away from preservatives. I wonder if this could have something to do with it. When they test for allergies, they do not include perceives. Ok, I said it here. Y'all keep tabs on me.

Beautiful day. Our temps have fallen off quite a bit the last couple days. So, over to the Church to do some metal detecting on the civil war encampment site on the church grounds. So exciting. I told Jim if he makes any really valuable finds, they go to the Church. He said only if Pastor is around when I find them. Funny, Cause he will dog every foot Jim takes. He is fascinated by this.

Have a winderful day. We are half way through August. Fall is only around the corner.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:44 AM | Locked

I am getting ready to go to the dentist.  Have to have a tooth pulled.   Really not looking forward to this visit...LOL>   I probably will come home a nap most of the afternoon.   Unfortunately anytime I have to have even the smallest procedure done it causes the fibromyalgia to go into overdrive...yuck.

I hope everyone has a great day.   So glad you are feeling a little better Sukochi.  I know how frightening it is to have your throat start swelling.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:46 AM | Locked

Have no idea how I included my reply to Ginny into her post. Sorry.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:55 AM | Locked

Another bright beautiful AM here! We can sure feel the seasonal change in the air these last couple of mornings. They have that 'summer's nearly over' nip.

It's an exciting day here. My SiL arrived last night, and today she's loading up my kids and taking them home with her. We waited til just before bedtime last night to tell them (Probably not the smartest move...LOL) and they are off the walls exstatic. DD can hardly believe she gets to do her school shopping with Aunt K in all the cool stores, and the boys are jumping with joy about getting to meet the doggy cousins and see Uncle's work place. I'm gonna be at a loss with no running feet and noisy conversations interupting my every thought.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,305
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:56 AM | Locked

Nana, I feel for you I had to go last week for some fillings and my mouth is still touchy. good luck . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,305
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:56 AM | Locked

sukochi , thank you , I really enjoyed doing this and plan to do more of it. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Another bright beautiful AM here! We can sure feel the seasonal change in the air these last couple of mornings. They have that 'summer's nearly over' nip.

It's an exciting day here. My SiL arrived last night, and today she's loading up my kids and taking them home with her. We waited til just before bedtime last night to tell them (Probably not the smartest move...LOL) and they are off the walls exstatic. DD can hardly believe she gets to do her school shopping with Aunt K in all the cool stores, and the boys are jumping with joy about getting to meet the doggy cousins and see Uncle's work place. I'm gonna be at a loss with no running feet and noisy conversations interupting my every thought.

CC, now you and Sprout can just spend some quality time together with out distraction. The kids, gone just dirty diapers and spit up to worry about. lol

When does school start there? OUr schools are all back in session already. When I was in school we went back the next Monday after Labor Day and were in school until the end of May. These kids have it too easy. I do not believe that less school helps the learning process.

Have a happy time with the bigger ones away. :o)

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

Today I'm going to finish the binding on Logan's quilt.  I got it about half-way done last night, but didn't stay up all night as I was going to go school clothes shopping with DD2 and the boys, but I guess DSIL is tired of sitting at home, so he has decided to go along, so there will be no room in the car for me.  I guess that leaves me out, so I will be able to finish the quilt binding.

It's going to be a hot one today...the a/c came on at 6 am, so it's not a good sign as to what the day will bring.  Looks like it will be a good day for sewing and not much else.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:46 AM | Locked

gini:

Maggie:
Gini, does that mean you really really really like her quilting? 

yep, i do.   the site was running really slow and i was impatient and kept hitting post.  not good.

And I did the same thing!      Funny.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:06 AM | Locked

DH is on shut down this week so tomorrow we are taking a day trip to Shipshewana, Indiana in Amish country.  Can't wait to visit the quilt shops!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:13 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

CC, now you and Sprout can just spend some quality time together with out distraction. The kids, gone just dirty diapers and spit up to worry about. lol

Don't forget Mt Waspile, looming overhead...

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
When does school start there?

Usually the Wed before Labor Day, Altho I haven't heard for sure yet, and the boy's school doesn't fallow the district schedual.  I kinda hope they'll send out the supply lists soon so I can get the  School shopping done!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 638 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 636 637 638 639 640 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.