Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 632 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 630 631 632 633 634 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

Sukochi - LOVE your new floors.  I would have never guessed that was vinyl!   DS and DIL are slowly tearing out all of their wall-to-wall carpeting and laying wood floors.  It was kinda funny when they did the first room - living / dining room.  The dogs and cats didn't quite know what to make to it.  They were a hoot coming around a corner at full speed. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Sukochi, It looks like my laminate - very very pretty - I wish mine was easy to clean though - yes spills wipe up easliy but the shine isn't that easy to get to come back - I am still frustrated with that part of it but getting used to it - not much I can do so I just live with it.

Yes, I live with pain and wish so many times that I would wake up and the pain would be just gone... my big dream... today - I did get some stuff done - amazingly - after I complain I just get up and start doing things... got the ladder built for the above ground pool - the heat outside just melted into my body and felt great - did that ladder 4 times before i finally got it completely right - not sure what I kept doing wrong but finally I looked at it and it was a-okay - lol... the sun cover is on the pool and hope it heats up within the next couple days...

got upset today - shouldn't have but - the kids - my son - my wonderful dil and my grand kids are coming for labor day weekend - well darling DIL called this morning and told me how she had posted on facebook about their trip here and how the cousins down about 2 hours south of us want them to come down to visit - and his Grand father - who since Mom has passed has not called us once - would just be a great place for them all to get together...

I feel so selfish because I just want them here - and no where else... they haven't visited us in 6 years and this is the first time my grand kids will be to my house... so I am talking to myself and telling myself it will all be okay - the grands will stay here no matter where my son and DIL go - I am going to insist on that - that I will be totally selfish about...

I feel that if his Grand father and the cousins want to visit they can come here - my son and DDIl do not need to travel another 2 1/2 hours to go visit them - we only have the weekend...

so I am trying hard not to cry today - to just smile and say it will all be okay - I know it is the extra pain and the frustration of Mom that is putting me over this edge and that in the end all will be great - no matter - my grands are going to be here playing with Nana - even though Nana has to wait another 3 months to do another somersault... we will be playing in the new pool...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:38 PM | Locked

I worked on Weds. and I mean WORKED!  We were short one gal.  Her hubby had hernia surgery a week ago and did not do well at all.  Dave had his hernia surgery out patient and did so well - which I told Gail.  Her hubby ended up being checked into the hospital a day after the surgery with some kind of complication.  Cookie and I worked our little fingers to the bone.  It was a good thing the new girl Elissa was there to run the register or we would have really been in trouble. A couple of our gals are on vacation this week so there was no one to call in to help on the floor.  I had one customer that I cut 35 half yard pieces for plus two one yard cuts and one two yard cut.  We also cut fabric for two ladies that were getting ready to do bargellos --- so that was more sets of a bunch of cuts.  Plus Weds. is a vacumning day.  UGH!  Cookie and I were both whipped by the time we locked the door.

The surgeons office called Dave on Tues and asked him to come in Weds. instead of Fri. for his post op.  They took out all his staples.  He still gets tired out and this weather has his lungs acting up again.  He went in to the library for a few hours on Thurs. but didn't do anything that required any lifting.  I think he enjoyed getting out of the house for a bit and being with someone else besides me.  :o)

Since he went on Weds. instead of today, I got to go to the HS sew day.  Jeanne had me making pet pillows.  Someone brought in 4 huge garbage bags stuffed with scraps.  She had fabric cut out to make 4 pillows which I sewed up.  I managed to get one stuffed and stitched shut and a second one almost completely stuffed.  I brought everything home to finish up.  We only had seven sewers today.  The final tally from this years fund raiser was almost $16,000!!!!  And Jeanne told us that they have 15 - 20 tops that we made that they didn't get around to quilting so we already have a nice start for the next sale.  I had stopped by the shop on my way home from sitting with Dave while he was in the hospital and dropped off some dog / cat fabrics that I found in my stash for her.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:39 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Here is the floor. I love it. Sure changed the "feel" of the house. The room with the baby gate in the door. is my sewing room. It keeps Lily out.

I would love to see your house...looks like it could give   a person the warm fuzzies. Could you make that hot chocolate without whipped cream please?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:00 PM | Locked

Sukochi I must of hit something....anyway....been there done that. My solutions have been get a adjustable bed, got rid of the c-pap, now  use Advair, Proair, nebulizer (when needed), nasal spray, for coughs since I cannot use liquid kinds I  use what is called "pearls" I can't pronounce or special the name, but the medical field knows exactly what you are talkng about.  Oh yeah I got Indy, who happens to be hypoallergenic. Doesn't help my vertigo, but helps asthma, acid reflux and copd.

Hugs and I'm still praying.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Oh, Yum, Sukochi! Now I have floor envy.

We went down to the produce gardens today in hopes of picking up a lug of tomatoes so I can start canning. We go through a lot of canned tomoatoes in the winter, and it's getting so we can't afford to buy them (A buck a can!? On sale!!? Get real!!). They weren't quite ready, so hubby bought pickling cucs instead. 'Guess he figured that if I was in the mood to can, I should can...  The boys got sent out to the field to help pick dill for me. They came back in just beaming. They were each 'paid' for their labor with a nice big slicing cucumber. It's so funny. They can't  hardly wait to eat them. I made a cucumber salad for supper. LOL

We had a stow away in the dill. When we got home a house cricket hopped out and scurried under the fridge. I hope he brings us good luck.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:13 PM | Locked

Got my bed propped up 4 inches. The cpap is gone. Have inhalers. Need  nebulizer and will ask Dr. about that. Having the Chest CT on Thurs. We'll see what's up with this. Have never smoked. so not that.

Linda, come on, Girl. I will make you some hot chocolate. If you don't mind the kind in the little bag. I don't really cook anymore, I heat up things pretty good, though.

Supper time,. need to go check the freezer for something someone already cooked that I can reheat. lol

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

Marge and all you ladies who are busy with work/kids/grandkids...enjoy it. I cannot tell you how depressing it is to be a waste of space and a financial drain on my family. I feel absolutely useless. Don't know how much longer I can take it but, being the coward I am, probably a while. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:08 PM | Locked

Mary,  You know the saying God does not give us more then we can handle.  Look at the great job you did working on and planning that Retreat.  Get your mind off your problems and on something positive.  There is a better day coming.  Count on it.

I had an awaking today, after all my "oh woe is me" talk, from my Pastor. Do we really realize how very blessed we are? We have a roof over our heads, food on our tables, people who love us, warmth when we are cold and a/c when we are hot. We have light, we have God's blessings. We have plenty of opportunities to do something more with ourselves, if we choose, too. I am studying my Bible and saying prayers today. Life is so much more then it could be. I am blessed and so are YOU!! 

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

you are right. I need to shut up and deal...thanks for the smack upside my head. I will just stop sharing now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:24 PM | Locked

Mary:

Marge and all you ladies who are busy with work/kids/grandkids...enjoy it. I cannot tell you how depressing it is to be a waste of space and a financial drain on my family. I feel absolutely useless. Don't know how much longer I can take it but, being the coward I am, probably a while. 

Mary dear, we need get you out of this deep depression. I pray for you. What can I ask God for? I know what deep depression is and how hard it to face other people even those you are close  to, and  you finally feel like closing yourself up in a wound up ball and just stay there. Am I close?? I had to talk myself out of it . Even going to the psychetrist didn't help compleley. I also made myself a blessing page. I'm  up to 2 and can almost go to 3 pages..Give some clues so we can try to help   you.Here's a big hug for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:51 PM | Locked

I'm pooped got home from my shop hop around 6 had alot of fun.  The most wonderful part tho was I got to meet one of our members Carol, it was so nice to meet you and your friends

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:18 PM | Locked

Mary:

you are right. I need to shut up and deal...thanks for the smack upside my head. I will just stop sharing now.

No you do not need to just shut up and deal. You just need to look beyond the pain and depression. It took me forever to get past a depression about 4 years ago. I literally just laid in bed and asked to die. But, that was not God's plan for me. In fact, I have only recently found out what he does what from me. And, I am doing that.

Have you seen a therapist? Do you have some one very close to you, a dear friend, right there? Talk to them, hugs help.  We can send you virtual hugs but you are in need of real, big  hugs. Are you careful how you are taking your meds? You had told us that you would have to go short at the end of the month. Did you, in fact? Honey you just can not do that. You have to take those meds every dose, when it is due.

Do you belong to a Church? if so, call your Pastor, see if there is something you can get in to to help out at the Church. That would lift your spirits. It is so good to be with people rather  then to sit alone at home. Call Nan. She might could come up for a visit or just to spend a day with you. Or, Diana. I would love to come see you. But, right now, i am dealing with stuff. I guess, from time to time, everyone has their emotional stuff to handle. Read a very funny book, Walk in the rain, if it rains. That really helps me cheer up. It is so grand to walk along with God's watering can over your head. Refreshing.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:30 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

No you do not need to just shut up and deal. You just need to look beyond the pain and depression. It took me forever to get past a depression about 4 years ago. I literally just laid in bed and asked to die. But, that was not God's plan for me. In fact, I have only recently found out what he does what from me. And, I am doing that.

I have no one near to reach out to. It's just the way it is. I'm obviously not a person folks want to get close to. It's okay. The meds for masking the truth, my anti-depressants, are too expensive right now. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them in a week or so. For now, it is what it is. My family (of the heart because my family growing up wants little to do with me) is 800 miles away. I get it. I'm not easy and most folks want easy. I feel sorry for my DH. He can only get away from me when he goes to work. Good thing he has that. As for God, well...He doesn't really like me much either. I do have a roof over my head and food so I should be grateful. However, it's wasted on me. Telling myself I should be thankful doesn't work at these times. I know how useless I am. If I weren't such a damn coward, I'd do something about it. Pray to your God for my husband because he is the one who must put up with it. I'm done.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:34 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  I don't know what kind of rains you get there where you live , but it's obvious you don't live near me.  I had to laugh though, we have had rain for 3 days now, but suddenly this afternoon, it became wild- just the kind you don't want to be out in.  Cold , windy, heavy rain that had hail in it in some place-, just not at my house-thank you, Jesus.  It didn't ruin my seedles tomatoes.

Now if I just felt up to going out and picking them.   Ginny

Page 632 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 630 631 632 633 634 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use